29. the mafia's son.

**JIMIN'S POV**

So this is what she's been so busy about.

I shook my head, trying to figure out a way out of this. How do I make her stop without letting her think that I know about what she's doing? I sighed deeply and continued to rest my forehead against my car's steering wheel.

After getting off the elevator, I rushed out to my car and just sat on the driver's seat in thought. Of all the people that could possibly investigate about my father, why did it have to be her.

I was incredibly worried about her. I needed to stop her before all of this gets out of hand.

I took my phone out of my pocket and immediately dialed her number on the keypad, which I've learned to memorize by heart. I heard the ring a few times before her melodious voice finally answered the phone.

"Jimin?" She asked.

"Anyoung Jae Eun, can we please meet up?" I told her immediately.

"Now?" She asked.

"Ne." I responded.

"Wae? Are you okay? Did something happen to you?" She started to as worriedly.

The irony of her questions made me a little uneasy but I still couldn't help the chuckle that left my mouth because of her cuteness. "Aniyo, I just miss you." I said and the line went silent for a moment but I could hear her breathing which let me know she was still there.

"Ya, you're so cheesy!" She finally said.

I laughed at her words, but asked her again. "So, can we meet up please?" I asked.

She sighed but started to speak again. "Fine, where are you?" She asked.

"Ani, are you at the office? I'll pick you up." I told her.

"Ne, I am. Are you sure you don't want to just meet up somewhere?" She asked.

"Gwenchana, I'm nearby anyways so I'll just pick you up." I said.

We said our goodbyes and hang up the phone. Her job really was just nearby mine, she doesn't have to know that though.

I started the car and made my way to her workplace. I parked my car in the parking lot and walked towards the building's entrance. Once I reached the lobby, I sent Jae Eun an "I'm here." text and waited for her to come down.

I was tapping away on my phone when a pair of arms embraced me from behind. A huge grin appeared on my face and I immediately turned around to face her.

"Anyoung." She greeted me cutely.

I gave her an eye smile and hugged her to my chest. I pressed a kiss on the top of her head and let her go afterwards.

"I was going to do more work after but you got me." She told me with a chuckle.

Now that I knew what work she really was doing, I was just glad that I got to make her spend time with me instead. I held her hand in mine and I took her to the parking lot where my car was. I made sure to hold the door for her and once she sat comfortably inside the car, I walked towards my side and hopped in as well.