31. Paper

**THIRD PERSON'S POV**

Ara would be absolutely lying if she said that she had a good sleep last night. She stayed up all night, tossing and turning in her bed. She was absolutely worried about her best friend. The whole night, her mind just kept on drifting off to unpleasant thoughts that involved Jae Eun.

She shuddered at her thoughts and quickly shook her head to try and clear her mind. She sighed and sat up on her bed. It was pointless and impossible at this point to try and fall asleep.

She had been thinking if she should let Jimin know about what's going on, but something told her that Jae Eun wouldn't like that. Ara is worried about her best friend, but she feels that Jae Eun should be the one to let Jimin know.

Ara planned to give Jae Eun the silent treatment. Not a word will be spoken to her until she decided to be smart about her current situation and stop willingly putting herself in danger.

If it doesn't work and Jae Eun still carries on with her report, then Ara plans to tell Jimin everything.

Ara grabbed her phone and checked the time.

7:30am

She sighed again and decided to just get up and make herself a cup of coffee. Hopefully, the warm and delicious liquid would be even a little help to aid her bad mood.

Ara trudged to the kitchen and while passing the living room she saw Jae Eun sat on the couch. Jae Eun just stared at her with some puppy dog eyes, but she won't let it work.

She doesn't even look cute anyway, she looks stupid. Ara thought.

Once in the kitchen, Ara grabbed a mug from the shelves and finally made herself a cup of coffee. She sat down on one of the chairs in the dining table and slowly sipped on her drink while scrolling on her phone.

A few minutes later, Jae Eun finally emerged from the living room and entered the kitchen as well. She couldn't help it anymore. She just wanted Ara to forgive her.

Jae Eun made herself a bowl of cereal before sitting across Ara in the dining table. The other girl didn't react the slightest bit.

Ara acted as if Jae Eun wasn't even there. She brought the rim of her mug to her lips and finished her coffee in a few gulps. She sighed in delight and stood up from the dining table. She went to the sink, quickly washed her mug and left without a single word.

Jae Eun frowned at her best friend, but she couldn't really blame her at all.

This went on for days and even a week. Ara was like an expert in this game. Jae Eun felt like she didn't exist in her best friend's presence at all.

Ara wasn't angry at Jae Eun anymore, she was just trying to make her guilty so that she would drop the report.

Jae Eun would go to work in the morning, investigate Park Industries, then go home to a very silent Ara on the couch watching tv and not sparing her a single glance.

Jae Eun sighed before walking towards her bedroom down the hall. She entered her room and plopped on her bed with another sigh.

Jae Eun was already affected by Ara's actions, but the report was taking a toll on her too. They were already on to something about a month ago when she hacked into the system, but she has been observing Park Industries for a couple of weeks now and nothing.