6. Dinner

**JAE EUN'S POV**

"Ya! Can you keep it down?" I whispered harshly into Ara's ear.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at her, but to no avail. She was being too much right now. I mean, we were literally right behind him. I just couldn't afford it if he recognized me right now. Once she realized who he actually is, I just know she would never let me live it down.

Ara quickly turned towards my direction and released a huffed breath. "Jae Eun, I'm just saying that he's really handsome. Am I not telling the truth here?" She asked me with a raised brow.

"I'm not implying that you're lying." I said while sighing heavily. "I'm just telling you to lower your voice." I told her.

"My voice isn't even that loud." She reasoned out.

I was about to get into an argument with her when Jimin suddenly turned around to face the both of us. His eyes were instantly on me, and a huge smile appeared on his face.

He really was handsome though...

"Jae Eun!" He said as the recognition lit up in his eyes. "I'm so glad to see you again." He told me happily.

I momentarily fell into a state of shock. I'm surprised he even remembered me and acknowledged me as well.

"Oh yes." I said while chuckling nervously, trying to avoid eye contact with him.

I could feel Ara's curious gaze going back and forth between Jimin and I. Our eyes meet, and she immediately sends me a questioning gaze, but I could only gulp.

I am so dead.

"Is this your friend?" Jimin suddenly asked while looking towards Ara's direction.

Before I could even respond to his question, Ara had already taken a step forward and offered a hand out to him. "Nice to meet you." She said while giving him a friendly smile. "My name is Ara, and I'm a friend of Jae Eun's." She told him.

They shook hands and Jimin began to introduce himself as well. "Oh, it's nice to meet you too. I'm Park Jimin." He said, returning the smile that she had given him.

Her eyes widened slightly when she heard his name leave his mouth . "You just said your name was Jimin right?" She asked.

Jimin raised a brow from her question, but nodded his head anyways. "Do you mean you're the guy that spilled coffee on her?" She asked to confirm her assumption.

Jimin suddenly got shy and started to rub the back of his neck. "Yeah, I didn't mean to. I'm really sorry about that." He said.

"No, it's okay. I was just curious." Ara told him with a huge grin on her face.

"So, what are you guys doing here?" Jimin asked, effectively changing the subject.

"We just returned some clothes by the store over there-" I tried to stop Ara, but her big mouth already said it.

Jimin followed the direction of Ara's finger and saw the shop that we just went into. His brows furrowed in confusion, and his gaze turned towards me instead. I could feel that he had some questions he wanted to ask because of my actions.

"I'm sorry Jimin, but I just couldn't accept your gift. It was too much, so I had to return it to the shop." I explained, not being able to meet his eyes.

"Oh." He mumbled.

I took a quick glance at him and instantly regretted it once I did. He no longer had a smile lingering on his face, and he almost looked forlorn. He seemed sad all of sudden, and I wondered if it really was because I didn't accept his gift. Did it mean that much to him? Now, I just felt bad.