26. Park Industries

**THIRD PERSON'S POV**

~ THREE MONTHS LATER ~

Day after day passed by and Jae Eun had only gotten even more stressed and frustrated than before. It's already one thing that she's working under Mr. Kim, it's another that she has to do her secret work when he's literally in the next room she's in.

Speaking of her secret work, she still hasn't found a single clue and it annoyed her to the core. She's been working extra hard on this report, but she can't seem to surpass the mafia lord's great efforts at hiding. She sighed in her seat whilst continuing to type away on her computer.

She alternates between doing her actual job and her report. She makes sure to use pseudo names while collecting data as well. She doesn't want to get caught. She's even made some keyboard shortcuts on her computer that allows her to hide everything that she's doing with just one push of a button.

She doesn't want any onlookers to ask about what she's up to.

On the other hand, Jimin has been frequently asked to go to their company lately. His father is always pestering him and making sure that he's ready to take over soon.

Their company had been really troubled the past month because they've realized that someone has been trying to find their system. They have no clue who it is, but the person has been really persistent in trying to find out about them. Luckily, they still have a security system strong enough, that the intruder hasn't been able to get in.

Jimin waited for the elevator to arrive the top floor before hopping out and walking towards his father's office. He knocked once on the door and entered the office, immediately meeting his father's gaze as soon as he did.

"My son." His father said to acknowledge his presence.

"Abeonim." Jimin said while nodding his head at his father.

He walked towards his father and sat on the chair in front of his desk.

"What is it this time?" Jimin asked, not wasting any time.

"The reason I've been calling you out more often the past month is because there's been a rat in our system." His father said in a serious tone.

"A rat?" Jimin asked with a raised brow.

His father nodded. "Yes. Someone has been persistently trying to hack into our system. I don't know who it is, but they're quite skilled." His father explained.

Jimin nodded his head, but was still a bit confused. "And you want me here because?" He asked.

His father only shook his head. "If this person manages to get into our system, it will be harder to hide again." He said. "Plus, you need to know what's going on around here since you're taking over soon."

Jimin sighed and stood up from his seat. "Well if that's all abeonim then I'll take my leave." He said.

He bowed down to his father and left without another word. He was a little shocked about the news, but he thought his father would probably figure it all out and be okay.

*******

Jae Eun sat on her bed with her laptop propped on her lap. "For fuck's sake I am so incredibly tired." She groaned to herself.