25. Meeting

*i didn't know what photo to put so here's jimin from the serendipity vid😍😍💝💝💕💕💓💓💞💞💗💗💖💖

**JAE EUN'S POV**

Two in the afternoon seemed to come by so quickly. Before I knew it, I was already making my way inside Mr. Song's huge company. I dressed professionally in a white button up and a black pencil skirt. Ara straightened my hair nicely and made sure I looked really prim and proper for this. I made my way towards the front desk and gave the receptionist a small smile.

"Anyoung haseyo." I greeted her. "I'm here to see Mr. Song." I told her.

She raised a brow at me but nodded her head, quickly typing away on her computer. "Can I have your name please." She said.

"Lee Jae Eun." I said while glancing around the company.

It was really big. Still not as big as Mr. Kim's company, but still very impressive.

"Alright, the elevator is right by the corner over there." The receptionist said whilst pointing towards where the elevator was located. "Go to the penthouse floor and Mr. Song's office will be the first door you see as soon as the elevator doors open." She said and I nodded my head at her.

I started to walk towards the elevator and did as the receptionist said. The elevator doors opened at the highest floor, which was the penthouse and I immediately saw a door a few meters in front of me. I stepped off the elevator and slowly walked towards the door, taking a deep breath as I did so.

I raised my fist and softly knocked on the door. "Come in." I heard a muffled voice say.

I slowly pushed the door open and entered the huge office. I walked until I reached the front of Mr. Song's table where he sat comfortably in his black office chair.

He gave me a smile and a wave. "Have a seat over here." He told me.

I quickly nodded my head and proceeded to sit on the chair right in front of him.

"So, I'll get straight to the point right away." He said while his elbows rested on the table and his hands folded against each other.

"You really want to do this report?" He asked me with a raised brow.

I rapidly nodded my head. "Yes Mr. Song, I am all set to do this." I told him.

He hummed in respond and grabbed on a pen that lay on his table. "Are you even aware of what this report is about?" He asked me curiously.

"Yes, I saw the papers you sent to Mr. Kim and thoroughly read them." I said. "I know that it involves the country's biggest mafia lord and I also know that it can be dangerous, but I'm not backing down just because of that." I explained.

"For some reason, I am so drawn to this project. I don't even know why, but I do know that I don't want to just give it up." I said and Mr. Song nodded his head at me.

I saw his lips slightly curl upwards and I felt hope rise within me.

"I want to let you do it, since you really want to but I also don't want to get in trouble with Mr. Kim." He told me. "He's a friend of mine and the way he spoke about you let me know that he really cares about you, so I don't want to get in trouble with him." He said, a sigh escaping his mouth.