21. SURPRISE!!!

**JAE EUN'S POV**

I just finished my third cup of coffee for the day. I didn't get to have a good sleep last night because I kept tossing and turning to the thought of Mr. Kim's phone call.

I wanted so badly to get in contact with whoever it was he was talking to on the other line. I wanted to try and talk to that person myself. I am so set on doing this report, I wanted it really bad.

I sat quietly on my desk, trying to come up with different ideas that might help me. So far, I haven't got a single one. I released a deep sigh and tried to go back to doing my work. I continued to type away on my computer absentmindedly.

What can I do?

I stopped working again and stood up from my seat to grab a glass of water. Hopefully, water could help clear my mind up a bit. I would go for another cup of coffee, but I knew better than that. Too much caffeine would make me go crazy. I finished the water in one gulp and filled myself another glass to bring back to my desk.

While walking back to my desk, I saw Yuna exit Mr. Kim's office. She went back to her own desk and started working again. I placed my glass down on my table and sat back down on my seat. A few minutes later, I saw Mr. Kim hurriedly exiting his office.

My eyebrows knotted in confusion. I wonder where he's going?

I decided to just ask Yuna myself, so I approached her at her desk. "Hey, do you know what happened to Mr. Kim?" I asked with a raised brow.

"It should be his wife. She called him earlier, something about a mild family emergency." She told me and I nodded my head at her.

"How long do you think before he returns?" I asked her.

She shrugged her shoulders at me. "Well, I don't know exactly how long, but he should take a while." She said.

My brain started to formulate a bunch of ideas and possibilities. I have to go inside his office.

"Why do you ask?" Yuna suddenly asked me.

"Oh, I was supposed to get something from him before he left. I'll just check in his office anyways, he might've left in on his desk." I lied and she just nodded her head at me.

"Oh yeah, you should do that." She told me with a smile.

I smiled back at her and started to make my way towards Mr. Kim's office which fortunately, he left unlocked. I opened the door and immediately went straight for his desk. I started to rummage around the many papers scattered on the table. I kept on looking, trying to find anything that might be relevant to what Mr. Kim was talking about a few days ago. Suddenly, a couple of papers joined by a paper clip caught my eye.

Investigation regarding the country's biggest mafia lord.

I immediately snatched the stack in my hands, and started to skim the many paragraphs written down on the paper. As my eyes processed word after word, I found myself getting more and more intrigued.

Apparently, this mafia lord has always had an unknown identity. No one knows who he is. All everyone knows is his gender. Even so, he is very known for his evil deeds and his great power. He is also very great at hiding, but recently they've found a lot of leads that connected to him. They didn't want to let this chance go, so they've been looking for someone who can help them finally solve the mystery behind who this mafia lord is. They want to know who he is and try to put a stop to all the shit that he's been causing.