36. Deals

**THIRD PERSON'S POV**

Jimin could hear the sound of his own footsteps as he made his way to his father's office. He was nervous about seeing the man, but not for himself. He was worried about what his father might want to do with Jae Eun.

He took another deep breath before opening the door and finally entering his father's office. He quickly pulled his calm and cool facade on and walked to the front of his father's desk. He cleared his throat and his father looked up from what he was doing.

"Son." His father said and Jimin just gave him a single nod of acknowledgment.

Jimin sat down on one of the chairs in front of his father's desk and just stared at the piles of paper scattered on the table.

"Where is she?" His father asked, getting straight to the point.

Jimin's head snapped up and he met his father's cold gaze. "Why did you intervene?" His father said.

Jimin stayed silent for a while, trying to think of excuses that he could feed his father to keep Jae Eun safe.

"She was one of my friends' sister." He lied.

"It doesn't matter Jimin, she wants to expose me and this company." His father said in a stern tone.

"That's not true." He lied again. "She's just a curious young girl who didn't know what she was getting into." He reasoned out.

"I didn't know that young girls liked to investigate on things that involved the mafia." His father sneered.

Jimin sighed and met his father's gaze. "Just let her off the hook. She's not going to cause you any more trouble." He pleaded.

His father just studied him for a short while before starting to speak again. "It honestly makes me wonder why you care so much about someone else's sister." His father said. "I think it makes more sense now though." His father added.

"What does?" Jimin asked with a raised brow.

"Why you were suddenly always at the office and wanted to handle her when I found out." His father said. "I think she's a very important person to you." He told Jimin.

Jimin clicked his tongue inside his mouth and resisted the urge to roll his eyes at the older man.

"All the things that you're saying right now are irrelevant to what I'm asking you. Just don't mind her. She didn't mean to hack into the system." Jimin explained.

His father's brows raised and he looked at his son skeptically. "I just really don't think he's your friend's sister. I think she's much more than that." His father stated.

"It doesn't matter father." Jimin couldn't help but snap. "She's not going to do anything anymore so just leave her out of it." He said.

His father's eyes slightly widened from Jimin's tone before a chuckle escaped his lips. He shook his head at his son and a tsk sound came out of his mouth.

"It doesn't work that way son." His father said. "She already knows a lot, so we have to take care of her." He said in a stern tone.