Chapter 2

Your POV

It was now daybreak and I decided to walk back home. I was so tired that I could pass out any second. I'm not gonna do that because that would be irresponsible.

I walked back into my home. Laurence was crashed on one of my couches and Katelyn on the other, which was right in front of him.

Vincent was sleeping peacefully on my bed and Aphmau and Cadenza were still in the basement.

"Sleepover at my place." I joked to myself. "And I wasn't invited."

I snorted at the joke and started to make breakfast for everyone.

I made eggs, bacon, toast, pancakes, water, and a side of fresh picked berries.

Everyone eventually came to the kitchen to see what smelled so good.

"You didn't have to cook for us." Aphmau smiled.

"I wanted to." I yawned.

"Wait, where did you sleep last night?" Katelyn asked.

"I didn't." I replied putting the eggs on the table.

"What?" Vincent questioned.

"The village needed to be protected." I started. "All of our guards were wiped out from battling against the Shadow Souls yesterday, and me being the head guard, I couldn't just sleep on the job."

"You protected the village by yourself?" Laurence questioned.

"Like I said, all of our guard were wiped out from the fight. Someone had to do it."

"You didn't have to prove-" Vincent was cut off by me.

"I've got nothing to prove Vincent!" I snapped. "Not to you. Not to Cadenza. Not to the village. No one. I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone. I'm doing my job."

"(Y/n).." Vincent said sadly.

That's not what Garroth would've done. He wouldn't have just left the village unprotected. He would protect the village, so why shouldn't I?

"Doesn't matter." I said harshly.

"Here's your food. Enjoy." I started to walk away.

"You used your Magicks, didn't you?" Cadenza figured out. "You look pale, and your moving weakly."

"Both you and Aphmau were in critical condition, I wasn't just gonna sit back and do nothing." I replied as I turned to face her.

"Where are you going?" Cadenza asked.

"I've got patrol." I said bitterly.

"You just got back from patrol." She reasoned.

"Well I added another shift for myself." I said.  "You are hurt. Allow me to take care of the village."

"(Y/n)-"

"See you later." I walked away.

I walked out the door faster than you could say Vincent-Is-An-Annoying-Butt.