Chapter 37

Aphmau's POV

I woke up to screaming.

I got out of my bed and quickly ran beside Y/n. She was already sitting up and her breath was disoriented.

"Are you okay?" I asked her

Once her breathing calmed down she said she woke up from a nightmare. She then apologized for waking me. I assured her she was fine.

"Wanna talk about what happened?" I asked her.

"No." She shook her head.

"You sure?" I asked again.

She nodded.

I then felt sick. Like REALLY sick.

I ran to my bathroom and Y/n followed close behind me. I then threw up and Y/n rubbed my back in circles as she held my hair.

"Let's get you back to bed." Y/n said.

I nodded and stood up. She helped my back to my bedroom; Lilith was now awake.

I started to walk to Lilith but Y/n ordered me to lie down. I complied and she took Lilith out of her crib.

"I woke her up, so I will take care of her." She stated.

I nodded and drifted back into a deep sleep.

Your POV

I woke up this morning from a nightmare. I'm sorry I had to lie to Aphmau about the nightmare. I wanted to talk about it, I really did, but I couldn't.

It's been an hour since Lilith woke up and she finally fell asleep. I put her down gently in her crib and I ran downstairs. I put my shoes on and I ran out of the house.

I want, no, I NEED answers now! This is ridiculous! I've been getting weird urges to go back to the crypt ever since I woke up. Especially the one with the unknown symbol.

As I walked into the forest, I got a sensation, a tingling feeling letting me know I'm not alone. I could feel this thing was behind me.

I didn't have a weapon so I just tackled this person.

"Stronger than I expected."

I slapped this person across the face lightly.

"Laurence! What the hell are you doing here?" I reprimanded.

"I could ask you the same question." Laurence smirked.

"I- uh ah."

"Exactly. Now tell me what you were doing." Laurence ordered.

I got off Laurence and I helped him up.

"I can't lie to you." I muttered. "I was going to the crypt."

"Why?" He questioned me.

"Because I need answers." I answered. "We started to live on this island, and The Demon Warlock said time started again because Aphmau and I came here. I want to know what that means-"

"Look. I understand you want answers. I know you're confused. We all are. But you can't just be running off at 4 in the morning. You could get hurt." Laurence stated.

"How did you even know I was awake?" I asked. "How'd you know I was here of all places?"

"We're Shadow Knight's, remember? I can sense you." Laurence stated.

"Ah, mmmm."

I then saw something run by.

"Let's just get back-"