Chapter 39

Your POV

I can't believe it. Word got out that my mom is about to be executed. Aphmau really wants to tell Garroth about the baby. So she was going to do it. I thought I should be there for support and all.

"Of all times, you tell me now." Garroth muttered. "You decided that the best time to tell me, is when MY MOTHER IS ABOUT TO BE EXECUTED!"

"Garroth, I'm sorry. You just had to know-"

"You're sorry? NO!" Garroth refused. "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME SOONER? WERE YOU JUST GONNA KEEP LYING? OR WERE YOU JUST GONNA-"

"GARROTH! THAT'S ENOUGH!" I snapped.

"NO!" He shot back.

"APHMAU HAS BEEN GOING THROUGH SO MUCH RIGHT NOW!" I reminded him. "Between the alliance, Aaron's death, Ivy, and Tu'la. Not to mention, she also has a daughter to care for!"

"So I'm just the last thing you think of, Aphmau?" Garroth asked. "When was the last time you cared about me-"

I cut Garroth off by slapping him in the face.

"You DO NOT question Aphmau's care! She is the most caring person out there! I'm sure you'd know that." I stated firmly. "For once, Garroth. For once, can you try to think of other things someone is going through."

He paused and looked at Aphmau.

"Everything I've ever done. Everything I've ever said to you, Aphmau, I've meant it. Did you mean anything you've said to me? In my darkest of moments, the thought of you kept me going. I was such an idiot." Garroth said before walking away.

"Aphmau- he's my brother. I-"

"Go." Was all she said.

"Go find Katelyn." I stated, before running to Garroth.

He walked out of Phoenix Drop and started running in the direction of O'khasis. I heard him talking to himself. He was question his love of Aphmau.

"Garroth." I whispered to myself.

Currently, I was just jumping from tree to tree. Someone's gotta help him in O'khasis.

All of a sudden, I heard a kid begging for a bandit to go away. I immediately ran to the source and attacked the one guy.

I didn't know there was a second person and the held a sword to my throat.

I told the kids to run in the direction of Garroth, and they obeyed orders. In reality, I don't need Garroth's help. He just needs to get his anger out somehow.

"What do we have? A pretty girl? Time to make you mine-"

"Leave. My sister. Alone." I heard Garroth growl.

He attacked the guys that was holding me and nearly beat him to a pulp.

"Garroth! Garroth! Stop it!" I barked, as I ripped Garroth of the dude.

The guy I beat up woke up and scrambled out of there with his friend.

"You guys are so cool!" The older brother said.

"Yeah!" The youngest cheered.

"You did a brave thing standing up to those two men. Keep being brave." Garroth advised the older brother.

"Keep each other out of trouble. And protect each other from anything you can. You both will make fine guards some day." I added.

They ran in home cheering about how they'd be the very best guard out there.