Chapter 8

Your POV

Everyone met Asmund, and they all trusted in my opinion to trust him. We then devised a plan to find the Demon Warlock.

Although Katelyn wasn't too happy that she had to babysit, she gave me her word that no harm would come to the children.

Laurence wanted me to go with Aphmau because he didn't want her going alone. He really loves her.

We had been walking for what felt like hours. Aphmau and I decided to take a brief break and make a fire.

"Sorry I don't have a cloak to give you." I apologized.

"It's fine." Aphmau shivered.

I wrapped an arm around her to keep her warm.

"Thank y-you." She said shakily.

I nodded.

I then got a feeling someone was watching us. I stared at the bush. Five minutes later, I decided to check it out.

"Hide." I whispered to Aphmau. "Go get Aaron. He's very close; about twenty paces north from here."

She didn't say anything. She then took her dog, and obeyed my orders.

"Come out. Now." I ordered.

I was about to say something when someone cut me off by tackling me to the ground and holding a sword to my neck.

"NICE TRY! BUT YOUR DISGUISE CAN'T FOOL ME! EVEN THOUGH I HAVE TO ADMIT THIS IS THE SEXIEST DISGUISE YOU'VE HAD IN A LONG TIME!" A male with snow white hair and emerald green eyes yelled.

"GET OFF ME BEFORE I-"

"BEFORE YOU WHAT?" He cut me off. "LAST I CHECKED YOU WERE THE ONE WITH THE SWORD TO YOUR NECK!"

"I AM NOT THE DEMON WARLOCK!" I barked.

"I'm almost inclined to believe you. Then tell me, what is your name and where are you from?"

"I'm (Y/n). I'm from a village called Meteli." I answered calmly.

"It's been a while since the Demon Warlock used a female disguise."

"I'll prove it." I said.

He got off me and I healed his chest.

He jumped and we started to talk about how I got here. He then told me I had to make out with him to get off this island.

"You're lying." I pointed out as I started to read his mind.

"I'm not." He continued to bluff.

"Stop lying, Travis." I said sternly as I continued to read his mind; boy were there some pervy thoughts about me.

"How do you know my name?" He was freaked out.

He was about to stab me but Laurence ran in front of me.

"Back off lover boy!" Laurence growled. "If you think I'm gonna allow you to hurt (Y/n), you thought wrong."

Laurence pushed Travis to he ground.

Travis was confused and I explained to him who I am. I told Laurence where Aphmau was. Laurence and I then followed Travis back to his hide out.

Laurence started to reprimand me for nearly kissing Travis.

Did he not see the part where I completely dissed Travis?

"What if I wanted to kiss him?" I joked.