Chapter 15

Me and Alex travel to my apartment in silence. I don't know if she's mad at me or okay. She opens my door for me as we walk inside. I've only just realised how many ice cream tubs are scattered around. My apartments an absolute mess. But that's how its been since he left. Me and Mon-El forgot to clean up after having a musical marathon the night before he went away.

"Come on i'll help you clean up." Alex says as she bends down to pick up three tubs. "Hey can you grab a bag to put all this in." I walk over and get a black sack from the cupboard. I hold it out as she starts to fill it with all the crap that's on the floor. She tidies up the couch area first then moves on to wiping the kitchen counters. She makes her way over to my bedroom and stops at the entrance.

"Kara where have you been sleeping?" She asks concerned. The beds still half made. Mon-El never makes his half. I don't reply.

She goes to tidy the clothes off the floor.

"NO!" I scream at her as she goes to pick up one of Mon-Els shirts.

"Kara you need to at least sleep in your own bed now. Come on its been almost been a year."

"I know." I know she's right but I can't bring myself to move anything.

"Kara it looks exactly the same as it did when I dropped you off the night Mon-El left. Have you even been in here?" She stops to look at me. "Kara when was the last time you were here in your apartment?" I know she's concerned. And I know she already knows the answer to that. I couldn't bring myself to come back.

"Where have you been staying?" She is not going to like the answer.

"Maggie's old apartment." Anger washed over her face. "Dont be mad at her. I asked her to keep it a secret."

"Why didn't you tell me? You could have stayed with me!" She looks hurt.

"Because I know you'd worry."

"Worry! Of course im worried! Im also upset that you couldn't tell me how you were really feeling."

"I.. I dont know what's to say. Im sorry Alex. I dont know what's wrong with me." My eyes erupt with tears. Alex quickly pulls me into her arms hugging me tight.

"Hey, its gonna be okay Kara im gonna help you. Its gonna be okay." She rubs my back to comfort me.

Alex's and my phones goes off in sink. She answers hers.

"J'onn....okay....yeah ill tell her. Your needed. Theres another Alien attack." She looks at me nervously.

"Okay." I say wiping my tears. "Tell J'onn im on my way." I turn round and rip my shirt open exposing my super suit. Bending my knees, I leap into the night sky flying towards the attack. The fresh air brushes my skin, the rain dampening my hair. The streets below me are lit with bright street lamps, the floor giving off a dim light. Instead of seeing fighting, a woman stands in the middle of the freeway. She stands with her arms crossed as if she was waiting for something. I guess me. I land in front of her. She looks unfazed.

" Supergirl." She says clearly. I put my hands on my hips. I realise she's the woman from the last attack.

"Who are you?" I say sternly.

"My name is Reign and like you im from Krypton." She sounds proud.

"How have I never known about you."

"I landed three years ago. I didn't want you to know about me. Its given me time."

"Time for what?" I ask.

"To plan how to destroy you." She leaps into the air towards me. I do the same and we meet in the air. As our fists meet each other i feel a sharp pain run down my arm and side, from where I punched her and she punched me. It sends me flying back, hitting the floor hard. I look at where the pain is and its glowing green. I charge at her again and she punches up under my jaw the same pain pulsing though my head. Her punch sends me flying up and I hit the floor again. Im not getting anywhere against her.

"What...how are you doing this?" I say weakly.

"Im from Krypton but im not a normal Kryptonian. I have Kryptonite in my veins. You touch me Kryptonite effects you, I touch you and the same happens. You can't touch me."

I stand and fire my laser eyes at her. She meets my gaze with her own Lazers, hers a green colour. I finally start winning. She steps closer and her lasers start to win against mine. I step forwards too but I'm still no match. The force of hers push me back, my feet digging into the floor cracking the concrete beneath me, my ankles taking the pieces of road back with them. I stop and duck under her lasers. I swing my legs though hers and she slips onto the floor. I punch her repeatedly kneeling besides her. Every point of contact feels like Kryptonite blades piercing my skin. She grabs my fist as I swing again. The Kryptonite flows up my arms and I can see my veins glow green. I try to fight back but she's too strong. She lets go of my hand and punches me in the stomach. I stumble backwards and fall to my knees. I spit blood onto the floor and it mixes with the drowning ground. My legs give in and I lay on my side clutching my stomach, the rain hammering down onto my body. Reign stands a few feet away looking down at me.

"I told you you can't touch me. Im so much more stronger than you. You...." She's interrupted by a load notice. I look behind her and see a wavy blue form.

A portal.