Chapter 26

Mon-El

The world is spinning. I know Kara's in front of me, having a heated conversation with Arden. Otherwise, my vision has blurred everything around me. I thought I'd never see this place again. The place I took advantage of people. The place I let other peoples suffering benefit me. The place I was the worst version of my self. The place I was the prince. I have done so many bad things here it makes me ill thinking about who I was. I detest who I was. And now I'm back.

The planet has been renewed and looks new. When the planet fell under Krytons destruction it must have wiped everything out as it all looks different. Theres now a repulsive statue of my mother near the palace. Something that hasn't changed though is people swaying around us. Under the influence that the rulers are good and they are not being oppressed. The people in authority uniforms walk past us with others, the majority of them in chains. The ones bound by their wrists are are being walked towards the palace. To my mother.

Kara's not taking any notice of our surrounds. All of a sudden I blurt something out against my will. No matter how hard I try, I can't deny where we are. Where I am.

"Daxam." Kara turns to me.

"We're on Daxam." I see Kara walk towards me and all of a sudden my face is in her hands. She's comforting me with her soft voice and kind, wise words.

I try to pull myself together and manage to respond to her.

"I am not going to leave you." I know that. I know she will be with me. Always. But there are some things I have to face alone.

"I know." A tear escapes one of my eyes but she wipes it away with her thumb. She turns back to Arden.

"Where are future us? I would never let my child turn to the opposite side especially if Rhea is as bad as Mon-El has said. Why us from 2017?" I hear Kara ask as she approaches Ardon again.

"Because you and Mon-El are not around." She try's to avoid the question.

"What do you mean?! Arden please just tell us!"

"Barry and Iris take Hope in because...because you both died." I wave of emotion overwhelms me. Karas going to die. Somewhere in the future she's going to die. Im going to lose her. I dont care that im going die. I need to save Kara.

Kara looks back at me, I can see the tears begin to bud in her eyes.

"I...i..." Kara begins.

"Kara...come here." I pull her into me and take her away from the group.

"I can't loose you again Mon-El. I can't." She sobs into my shirt.

"Its okay..." I try to reassure her.

"No. Its not.....Mon-EL...its not fare. I just got u back and we started something. We got married and we were so happy. But now...now I'm scared. Ive never felt so helpless...i wanted to be with you forever and grow old together and die normally and spend everyday with you and now with our daughter. I want us to have a family. I..I don't want to die." I bend down to rest my forehead against hers.

"Im not going to let anything happen to you." My lips find hers. "Im not."

"But..."

"No." I cut her off. " You are going to have all of that. You are not going anywhere and this situation right now will never happen. You are going to be the best mum and no one is ever going to take that from you." Her eyes find mine.