Chapter 60

Kara

I fly back to the apartment slowly gathering my thoughts. I've had to be extra focused as I fly faster than normal, because of getting my powers back at like double the strength, and since I wanted to go slow, it took a lot of effort.

I swing my door open and see someone standing in the middle of my living room in between my couches, looking out the window. He turns round and makes eye contact with me. I stand frozen as I watch tears seep out of his eyes.

"Mon-El?! What are you doing?" I shout forcefully but then I realise; this Mon-El is different to when I last saw him. He looks... himself.

"Please Kara I don't have much time." He steps closer to me but I step back. I'm still scared of him; I'm scared?

"Don't come any closer. What are you doing here?!" I fight back my own tears too.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He looks so broken.

"For what? For trying to kill me? For making me feel like you were going to hurt Hope? For making me feel useless, venerable, scared of you?!"

"You should be scared." His voice suddenly changes sinister but he recoils in pain, bending forwards, grasping at his chest like he wants to curl up, almost screaming. He closes his eyes and slowly opens them again. "Im so sorry Kara. That wasn't me. I'm not strong enough... I can't fight it." His breathing is laboured and heavy.

"Can't fight what?! Mon-El?!" I cautiously step closer.

"Lillian and my mother. They... developed this virus that attaches to my DNA... changing it and it's programmed to ...make me...kill you." He chokes again as he stumbles forwards.

"So when you tried to kill me..."

"That wasn't me. I can remember it but that wasn't really me. I tried to fight it then. That's why I ran off. I couldn't face you incase 'he' came back." He looks so scared.

"It's okay we can fight it. Together. Okay?" He looses his balance and falls forwards. I super speed and catch him helping him kinda stand, taking all his weight for him.

"We...can't. I can't. They're going to come for me. If they don't get to me first the virus will take back over. I've resisted it for too long that it's making me weak." He slumps against me and I lay him down on the floor, lifting him into my lap, in my arms.

"No. No! Alex can come up with something to help fight it. We will all protect you. I promise. It'll be okay." I stroke his cheek lightly. He catches my hand with his and squeezes it tightly.

"I will but you won't be. You won't feel anything." He screams so load it stabs me. He looks up at me again, scared.

"It's okay. It's okay. I know that wasn't you." I place my hands lightly on his cheeks as he tries to look away from me.

"He's getting stronger. I don't know how much time I have left."

"We need to get you to the DEO." I say cupping both his cheeks with my hands.

"No. I can't it's too dangerous."

"Yes you can." My tears run done my face as I interlock our fingers and kiss his hand, keeping it against my lips.