Chapter 34

Alex

Mon-El finally walks through the door an hour later. He looks surprised to see me as he walks into the apartment.

"Hey Alex. Is everything okay?" He asks. He has every reason to be confused. "Is She sleeping." He says understandingly. I nod.

"Yeah everything's great. Kara just invited me to girl chat you know? Since you were out superheroing." I didn't mean to sound aggressive but I think he guessed I was hinting at it.

"I know I've been away a lot from Kara and I hate it so much, but she's not getting any better and I don't know any other way to help. I don't know what's wrong." He adds.

"I'm sure she'll be fine." I say, trying to convince myself more than him.

"Will she though?" He asks sadly. "She's not been okay ever since we came back from the future. I feel like something's seriously wrong and I can't do anything to help her."

"Mon-El she's fine. And if your really that worried why don't you just talk to her and ask her?" He nods decisively.

"I'm gonna head home. I just promised I'd wait up to make sure your okay." I start to open the door.

"Your welcome to stay here." He says now in the living room.

"No it's okay. Your here now. She needs you." I nod and leave through the door.

Mon-El

I climb into the bed next to Kara. She moves herself to lean her head on my chest and spreads her arm over me.

"Your back." She whispers.

"Yeah." I reply to her tired voice.

"I'm sorry you have to go all the time. I wish you didn't. It should be me but I can't." Her voice becomes very shy.

"It's okay Kara. I'd do anything for you." I add stroking the back of her hair. "Why can't you be Supergirl anymore?" I turn to face her but she's already asleep.

.............................

Kara's already gone when I get up. I get out of the bed and make my way over to the kitchen to make coffee. She eventually emerges from the bathroom.

"you okay." I ask sipping some of my coffee.

"Yep, I'm good." She wipes her mouth and pours herself a cup.

"Kara I know your not." He says softly.

Kara

How did he find out? My heart starts racing as he looks at me with loving eyes.

"I um...how did you find out." I don't know what else to say.

"It's obvious Kara." I look down at myself. Is it that obvious? Not quite yet.

"I was gonna tell you... I just"

"It's okay. I know you find it hard to open up. But you don't have to hide things from me. You know I'm always here for you." He walks over and pulls me into his arms.

"I know and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kept it from you. It will be pretty clear to everyone soon anyway."

"You only have to tell people you trust. We can all help you work through this." I look at him confused.