Chapter 16

Kara

A massive group of people appear from the portal, they're all dressed in different costumes. They focus their attention on Reign and immediately attack her with all kinds of powers, the rain still pouring down. I watch in ore as they work together to take her on. She's retaliating but she's loosing. At the back of the group a man catches my attention. He's wearing a red suit and a blue cape. He looks lost; desperate.He stands tall with broad shoulders, his arms massively toned, his hair slightly overgrown and ruffled. Although he has his back to me, facing the fight i know who it is. I could tell its him from anywhere. Mon-El. He looks around and our gazes meet. His face turns into a huge smile and his eyes brighten. I gather as much strength as I can to stand. We stand for what feels like forever staring at each other in amazement, both our faces beaming before he starts to run towards me. I run towards him and we meet in the middle. Before I can stop running I jump into his arms. He catches me and swings me around, his hands around my waist, my arms around his neck. He puts me down and presses his lips hard against mine. There's still fighting behind us but I don't care. This moment is too precious. I finally have him back. Our kiss is full of passion and relief as he pulls away and places his forehead against mine.

"Kara." He whispers breathlessly. I can see he's crying. So am I. He looks down at my stomach; its bleeding. His eyes fill with worry as he wipes blood from my mouth with his thumb.

"Mon-El." I whisper back though my tears trying to catch my breath but I don't care about breathing right now. I pull him back in and kiss him pressing my body as close as I can against his. My hands travel up to his face cupping his cheeks. His stubble tickles my fingertips. I laugh in our kiss and pull away to look into his eyes. Their so blue. Every time I look at him I get lost in his perfect eyes. His tears have made them look insainly bright highlighting his irises.

"I can't believe I have you back. How are you here? Are you okay? I mean your looking okay. Look at you. Where have you been? Actually screw talking right now. " Before he can reply I kiss him again. This time I'm on my tipy toes instead of him bending down. He still has to bend a bit though. My hands reach his hair and grasp a hand full. His hands are on my waist pulling my closer before pulling away. His hands make it up to my face and cup my cheeks this time.

"I love you so much Kara. I thought I'd never see you again. I love you." His tears are flowing down his face. He lowers his hands back to my sides.

"Hey its okay" I wipe his tears away with my fingertips before taking one of his cheeks in my hand. "I love you too. So so much. I should have said it more before you left. I'm so sorry ." He leans into my touch and closes his eyes.

"Its okay Kara. You don't have to apologise." He leans my face forwards and kisses my forehead  "Im never gonna leave you again Kara. Ever. I'm always going to be at your side." He pulls me in and hugs me so tight I feel like im gonna shatter under his touch.

"Hey Kara"

"Yeah?" I look up at him.

"I think we should help with that."

"Yeah I guess we should." We both laugh running over to join the fight.

Mon-El

Arden sets the coordinates for home. I can't wait to get back to Kara. She opens the portal and all the Legion run though. Im last but I dont care. As soon as I enter Im in the middle of a freeway. The legion have joined a battle against someone or something. I watch as they work together to fight. I look around wondering why we're here. Then I realise. Karas on the floor looking so weak and pale. She looks like she's about to break. I hate seeing her hurt. I want to be hurt for her so she never has to feel pain. Somehow she stands up and we just look at each other in total amazement for what feels like forever. I can't take it anymore. I start to run towards her and she runs towards me. Before I can stop running she jumps into my arms. I catch her and swings her around, my hands around my waist, her arms around my neck. I put her down and press my lips hard against hers. I'm so happy I have her back. I can't live without her. There's still fighting behind us but I don't care. This moment is too precious. I finally have her back. Our kiss is full of passion and relief as I pull away and place my forehead against hers.