Chapter 31

Mon-El

I haven't forgotten about the Daxamite threat. Every time I close my eyes im back there watching Kara almost die in my arms. That planet always gave me bad memories but now they're nightmares. At least shes with me. She is the one thing that brings me back to focus whenever life goes wrong.

I turn over to see her still asleep. She's so beautiful. Im so lucky. I dont deserve someone like Kara. Someone who's kind loving, loyal and beautiful, so beautiful. On Daxam I was a terrible person but she taught me how to be better. I never even thought I'd fall in love. I always heard stories of true love and sacrifice but growing up I wasn't raised to believe in it. But now I know its real. Because I have my own true love. She rolls over and lays her head on my chest and I wrap my arms around her.

"Hey sleepy head." I say to her as she snuggles into me.

"Lets just stay here a little while longer." She says half asleep.

"How long?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"Till tomorrow." She smiles and giggles slightly.

"Okay woman of tomorrow." I say kissing her forehead.

....................

I wake up to a strange sound. It's coming from the bathroom. I look at the clock which displays 7:30am, which means we slept for another 2 hours. I can't tell what it is but it sounds bad like someone's choking. I can't feel Kara resting on me anymore. I flick my eyes open almost immediately realising she's gone and run to the bathroom. I try to open the door but its locked.

"Kara?" I say as the noice starts again.

"Dont come in here!" She shouts from the other side of the door.

"Kara what's wrong?" The sound's getting worse. I shove my shoulder into the door and it flys open. Kara's kneeling hunched over the toilet. Now I know what the noise was.

"Dont come any closer Mon-El...Please." She looks so pail and fragile, her face is as white as a sheet.

"Kara..." I walk over and kneel next to her as she chokes into the toilet again.

"Hey its gonna be okay." I pull her hair back behind her neck, rubbing her back. She trys to nod but she dives her head back to the toilet. I can't stand to see her like this but all I can do is lean over her, holding her hair back, watching. It brings tears to my eyes. She continues for about five more minutes before collapsing back, leaning against me.

"There I told to it would be okay." She nods against me as I stroke strands of hair out of her face.

"Mon-El?" She says weakly trying to look up at me.

"Mmm." I reply.

"What's wrong with me? Ive never been sick before in my life." She sounds scared.

"I dont know babe but whatever it is we're get through it together." I say trying to calm both of us down.

"Can you stand?" I say as I wrap my arms under hers to help her up. Karas legs buckle underneath her and I catch her on her way down.

"Okay...Its okay." I say as I hear her start to cry. I pull her into my arms on the floor and hug her tight. Slowly, I wrap my arms under her legs and around her waist and carry her back to the bed.

"I should call Alex." I look around frantically for my phone, any phone.

"No its okay. I think im just tired and the Kryptonite." She says weakly. Before I can say anything I realise she's already asleep. I pull the duvet over her, tucking her in. I climb in next to her and pull her into me to protect her.