Chapter 56

Kara

I'm woken by a very loud noise coming from the living room. I jump up immediately with Mon-El right behind me. Hope's screams and cries don't stop when I pick her up.

I place one of my hands at the back of her head and one at the bottom of her back, resting her against my shoulder, bobbing her up and down gently.

"Shhhhh, hey it's okay, mummy's here, shhhhhhh." I try and calm her down over her crying. She slowly starts to stop and calms down. I look back at Mon-El who stares admiringly at me.

"What?" I ask over my shoulder.

"Your amazing with her already." I shake my head and smile.

"I think she's hungry." I reach up to pull down my t shirt shoulder.

"Oh yeah sure I'll um give you some space." He says awkwardly making his way back to the bedroom.

"Okay." I reply. I feed Hope and change her diaper before going back to bed.

.................

My pillow rises and falls steadily. I keep my eyes closed feeling and listening to the heartbeat that keeps me going other than my own. Mon-Els light little snores greet me as I wake up more. I lift my head to see his eyes lightly shut. They flicker half open as he looks down at me.

"Hi." He says sleepily.

"Hi." I reply quietly giggling at him. He looks funny from this angle.

"Hey guess what." I say poking his nose.

"What?"

"Hopes not awake yet." He looks down at me confused. I move my leg to drape it over him and use it to move myself onto him.

"That means we have some time." I whisper really not wanting to wake her right now.

"Time for what?" His eyes half close again.

"Anything you want." I whisper passing his ear to kiss his neck.

"But it's so early." He grabs my pillow and presses it against his face.

"It's not early! Come on stop being a spoil sport!" I continuously poke the pillow until he finally moves it. I lean down and kiss him lightly.

"What has gotten into you?" He asks against my lips.

"I'm just happy. I have everything I want, my husband and my daughter. Nothing can go wrong."

"Unless she wakes up."

"Unless she wakes up." One of my hands move my hair to one side as I continue to kiss him. I move my lips down from his all the way to his stomach. I look up and smile at him before giving up with restraining my hair and move my hands to hold his. I lift them over his head like he did to me before moving one into his hair.

"Kara." He groans through our kiss. "Kara my hand." I ignore him. "Kara!" I let go of his hand so fast and move off him.

"Are you Okay? Mon-El what's wrong?" He sits up and I do too as he holds his hand in the other. He pulls a face and lets out a deep breath. "Mon-El. Let me see."