Chapter 61

Arden

Mon-El cradles Hope in his arms as we land in the DEO. He instantly rushes to the med bay. I follow him and slow down as I watch him stand above Kara before bending down and touching her face gently. I can tell she's not okay right now. I slowly walk further towards them and stand in the door way not wanting to intrude.

"Mon-El? I'm sorry i don't want to interrupt but do you want me to take Hope for you?" He turns round to look at me, tears already filling his eyes. He looks down and realises Hope is still in his arms. He nods and I take it as permission to enter. I walk over to him and he gently lays her in my arms. "I'll give you some space." I walk out with Hope but not before looking back to make sure he is as okay as he can be.

When i reach the training room, I sit on the bench with Hope, offering her my finger and she takes it, grabbing onto mine and shaking it as hard as her little fingers will let her. I smile down at her and laugh as she continues.

"Hey your mummy's gonna be okay. Your all going to be okay." She closes her eyes and falls asleep still grasping my finger in her tiny grip. I hear footsteps echo through the room and look up to see Alex walking towards me.

"Hi." I say kinda nervously.

"Hey. You two seem to be getting on great." She says awkwardly.

"Ummm. She's so precious. Anyway hows Kara?"

"She should be okay. Her vitals are improving rapidly. If this had happened before she had Hope this much Kryptonite would have killed her."

"So Hoped saved her?" I asked confused.

"Techniquly yeah I guess. Hey can um...can I come sit?"

"Yeah sure." She sits on the bench next to me making sure to leave quite a big gap.

"So... about earlier." She brings up.

"Yeah..." I reply not knowing what else to say. I don't know what she's gonna say.

"Alex we don't have to talk about it right now if this is a bad time." I erasure her. She looks down at the ground.

"No Kara would want me to sort out my feelings." She says suddenly looking up at me, her deep brown eyes gleaming.

"So that's what this is." I say trying to get a grip on the situation.

"Is that not what's happening? I'm sorry if I'm too forward or..." 

"No no Alex your fine. You haven't done anything wrong. I like that your being honest." I interupt her.

"Oh okay." She sounds really nervous. 

"Alex calm down it's okay. I've never seen you so nervous..."

"I really like you." This time she interrupts me. She just comes straight out with it, catching me off guard.

"Oh God I'm so sorry that was way too fast."

"No nope it's okay. I really like you too Alex." A massive smile spreads across her face as she looks down. She's so cute. Especially when she's shy. I can't take it any longer. I lean over towards her and kiss her. She reacts and kisses me back which makes me so happy. I pull away and she still has her eyes closed.

"So... What do we do now?" She asks still looking as surprised as the first time I kissed her. 

"Well we can be together? If you want? Like together together?" I want to be with her so much.

"I would really like that." She whispers and she kisses me.

"Hey on the subject of couples is Winn still single?" I ask.