CHAPTER 24

~4 months later~

"Ok we're gonna start you now ." The midwife said. What she was referring to was pushing. I was going to finally give birth to my baby. Holding princes hand he began to pray. I didn't take part in that but I let him do what he needed to do.

"Ok on the count of three I want you to push as hard as you can..." She said. "I can't do this" I said crying, as prince pushed the hair out of my face. "You can mama, you'll be ok." He said kissing my face.

"1...2...3!" The midwife said and I pushed as hard as I could. The excruciating pain was unbelievable as she shouted "I can see the head! Good job! One more and that should be it!" Pushing again I felt the relief! I did it! I gave birth!

I began to cry as I heard my baby crying. "Congratulations mommy and daddy. You've got a baby girl."

A baby girl. Our own daughter.

Handing prince the birth certificate he began to fill out the names. We had already decided earlier that day.

Reina Nelson.

Reina means queen in Spanish. Prince loved that name. He said he wanted his daughter to be treated as one.

I began to cry once the nurses washed my precious girl and handed her to prince in her blanket. She stopped crying as soon as she was in her daddy's arms. "Aww baba.... Aww my baby." He nursed between tears of joy. "Selena she has your eyes" he said giggling "she has your chinky eyes."

Placing a soft kiss on her little chubby cheek, he placed her into my arms. I couldn't stop crying in happiness. She was beautiful. Her soft black hair was just like mine and her chinky eyes. But she definitely had princes button nose and little pixie ears.

Hearing her little sneeze we couldn't control our laughter

Hearing her little sneeze we couldn't control our laughter. This is the second best day of my life. The first is meeting prince.

Laying with my child in my arms I felt so strange. I am a mother! It hasn't kicked in yet. Even though Reina is very small she's a beautiful, healthy baby and prince and I couldn't be happier. 

Feeing soft lips peck my cheek he whispered "you have no idea how proud I am of you. I don't know how to thank you".

Later that night after everyone had left, it was just us.  My daughter and prince. That was it. I was given the go ahead to take Reina home, once my stomach had shrunk a lot.

Putting her small little pyjamas on and a little winter coat, prince placed her into the  baby carrier.

Finally getting home prince laid with Reina on his chest, slowly stroking her back as he sung to her. Te amo corazón. The song he had written for me. Smiling as he began to fall asleep, I took my new born baby from her now sleeping fathers arms and nursed her.

"I love you" I whispered "me and daddy. We love you so much. Your so beautiful."