CHAPTER 17

PRINCES POV

March 28th

Today. Today was the day I feared. We were going to do it. We were going to tell her parents about us. It was also the day I give Selena her birthday gift. I knew it was early but it was ready and I can't keep this secret any longer. Selena and I have never been more in love and she was doing great! Her first single went to number 1 and she was known practically around the world! Driving to her home my hands were trembling as I clutched the steering Wheel.

As I pulled into her driveway I felt like crying. The anxiety was so strong. I soon calmed slightly seeing Selena and her sister standing at the porch.

Getting Out of my car I walked towards Selena. Taking my hand she smiled. "Cmon. We can do this."

As soon as I walked inside I was face to face with her mother and father sitting in her living room. "Mama, daddy. You already know this is prince." She said giggling, her mother looked at me smiling in adoration but Abraham had a look of disgust already. "And I have news. I'm in love with him. And he's in love with me."

My eyes grew wide, a look of happiness came over her mother but Abraham was ready to hit me. He quickly stood. "not a chance! Not a chance in this world! You want to live a life with this... With this... Pedophile!" "Daddy!" Selena yelled in my defence. "Abraham listen to her. We are in love." I said "In love!" He scoffed "your not in love with him. And I know for sure he's not in love with you! Your young, and beautiful and talented!!!!! That's all a dirty old man his age wants!" Abraham screamed into his daughters face.

"Abraham please!" I raised my voice at him "she doesn't need this!" As he stood closer to me I stood my ground. I wouldn't let a man intimidate me like he thinks he can. "You don't know what my daughter needs!" He exclaimed. The anger built up as I wouldn't back down to him he went to strike me but Selena pulled at him "daddy please!!!!! Don't ever try hurt him!!!!" She cried. "Abraham that's enough!" His wife exclaimed.

"Please daddy! I'll do anything. I just want you to accept him!" Selena said tears streaming down her face. "Selena, I just don't want you to get hurt by this man." He said lowering his voice. "Dad he wouldn't hurt me." She said smiling "we love each other very very much." Her father put his head down. "Daddy please. He doesn't mean any harm. All he wants to do is take care of me." "Ok..." I heard Abrahams voice say, my heart fluttered in excitement as she hugged her father tightly crying with happiness. "Thank you dad!" She cried.

Abraham stared at me, as I put my head down I felt the man put his arms around me. "You look after my little girl or else." He said. Laughing I said "always." Her mother Marcella soon came into my embrace. I couldn't believe this. Finally me and Selena were free.

As we drove back to Paisley park I felt Selena tugging at my shirt. "Tell me! Please!" "No" I laughed "it's a surprise, just be patient." I said placing my hand on her thigh, rubbing it lovingly.

"Alright close your eyes." I said driving towards Paisley park. I watched as her eyes closed. Finally parking at the extra building out the back I got out of the car and opened Selena's door, she still had her eyes closed thank god. Helping her out I held onto her arm guiding her into the building.

"Ta dah!" I shouted, she opened her eyes and raised her hand to her mouth. "Oh my god!"

I knew she had always wanted her own boutique and salon and that's exactly what I had been planning. "Happy early birthday." I said smiling at her. "Prince I don't know what to say... This is my dream." She said cuddling into my embrace as we stood in the main part of her boutique. As I saw her tears of happiness fall I chuckled "hey, don't cry. Cmon see this."