CHAPTER: 47

SELENAS POV

"Suck in!" I heard prince yell at me as he continued to try and pull my zipper up. Tonight was the night of the Grammys. Prince was giving someone a Grammy but more importantly I was nominated too! The last years we had went we weren't nominated but this year my 'Selena live' album got nominated and I couldn't believe it.

We were leaving in less than an hour and I was struggling to get this beautiful crystal gown on. I had gained some weight after buying it. "P you have to make it fit!" I said panicking as I tried my best to suck in.

Finally feeling the zipper go up to the end I was relived. "Thank you, your a life saver" I said falling into my husbands arms.  He was quick to pull me away but keep his hands on my hips as he stared down at my body tightly wrapped in the silk and crystals.

"Damn..." He whispered quietly licking his lips making me giggle and walk back into his embrace. "Your gonna make me look underdressed now" he frowned playfully. "No you look great!" I smiled. He did. He looked how I'd expect my husband to dress for something like this. Flashy.

A shiny orange top with matching bottoms and shoes, the only break up piece was a long black necklaces hanging round his neck. He looked gorgeous. Well he always does anyway.

"Cane or no cane?" He asked staring at the metal object "well how do you feel p. It isn't a fashion statement. It's for your health" I reminded him. "I think I should take it. Incase" he said staring into my eyes. "Ok. If that's how you feel" I smiled kissing his soft lips.

I got Chris to look after the kids and surprisingly p accepted that. Tomorrow they'll come to Los Angeles to celebrate with us, that is if I win.

Staring at the clock I got anxious as I impatiently stared at prince doing his eyeliner. "We're gonna be late. The cars outside right!?" I asked in a panic.

"Baby time isn't real. If we're late, we're late. Everything will work out" he told me. Ugh but he doesn't understand. I can't be late.

Finally getting inside the place my husband had to be on stage in just minutes so he was rushed backstage, as I went to our seats. 'Prince and Selena Nelson' it read on the little card on the table. Us sharing the same name still makes my heart flutter. My family were to sit at the table next to us. Momma, dad, and the band of course had flown out as well to come show support.

Seeing my family arrive I kissed my
Momma on the cheek, before we all got in our seats. I was slightly troubled by my dad being here. I haven't spoken to him since he disrespected my children.

We were immediately all eyes on stage as the ceremony began. As they introduced prince as the first to present an award, he walked out making people scream in anticipation. I couldn't help but smile uncontrollably. He's just so beautiful.