CHAPTER: 38

PRINCES POV

I woke up sweating, staring at the clock it was 3:56 am. I could feel the covers underneath me, stick to my skin as the sweat lined my body, my chest completely drenched with sweat.

I was having nightmares. That she left me. I was more than grateful to see her snuggled close to me willingly. The moonlight shining completely on her gorgeous skin only covered up by a loose, cotton cami and some tight boy shorts.

As I laid there only in a pair of satin maroon pyjama pants, I loved how her skin looked against mine. The moonlight illuminated the gorgeous olive skin of her hand resting on my, slightly darker skin on my chest, her fingers naturally entangled in the black curly hair of my chest.  

My eyes then trailed to her beautiful face. Her eyes were gently closed as she breathed calmly and slightly heavily as she dreamed... I prayed she dreams of beautiful things. Unlike how I've treated her.

It always amazes me at how long her eyelashes are, naturally. I always found her little button nose so cute, and of course those gorgeous full lips. Something was different about the beautiful face that I always loved to see though. It was something very distinctive and notable.

A large red mark across her left cheek. I stared at it in disgust. I did this. I hurt her. I promised myself I'd never ever hurt her. Physically or emotionally. Yet I do both in one day? I made a big deal over something that wasn't.

That's no excuse though.  I promised myself I'd never ever raise my hand to her. No matter how angry she made me, no matter how frustrated I was. I should have stuck to my heart. I shouldn't have laid a finger on her.

I let my fingers slowly graze along the reddened patch of skin. I felt sick. I treated her like a dog. She isn't. She's a beautiful beautiful woman, who's so talented at her job and loves creating clothes, and loves to cook and likes baseball, not basketball and laughs at pretty much everything and loves her children to death. That's who I fell in love with. That's who she is and always has been.

"Selena" I whispered into her ear before kissing that spot. Seeing her sleepy eyes flutter open, I gazed into her big brown orbs, hopping for a reaction. Instead she just closed her eyes again. "Please" I begged, unsure what for. An acceptance of my enteral apology maybe.

Seeing her eyes flutter open once again, she looked at me curiously. I began to softly kiss her neck with need, need of her body wanting me again. Hearing her sigh softly she was quick to cut it out. God she's just so stubborn.

"Baby... I'm so so so sorry" I told her kissing her ear. "It's too many times prince" she whispered. Twice I've pushed her, trying to make her frightened and thats sick enough. Now I'm hitting her? I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't accept my apology.

"I was just angry sel... Sometimes I think you don't love me" I told her, into her ear as I laid on her body, her hands on my back. I wasn't strong enough to face her. I was fine with my face just buried in this pillow.

"Well that's just stupid" she said "obviously I love you.... God prince.... For such a educated and intelligent, smart man you can really be so fucking stupid sometimes" she told me. "Don't cuss" I told her making her scoff.

I felt comfortable. I loved this. Laying on her. Feeling her voice softly in my ear, her hands roaming my back.

"Please accept my apology... I promise you that will never ever happen again. I'll do anything" I begged her. "I don't want you to do anything. As long as your true in your apology... It'll be ok" she told me. "Thank god" I sighed.

"Do you love me?" She asked. My heart sinked that she even had a doubt. "God girl... If only you knew how much I love you. It should be illegal. I love you more than anything... You and our children... You know this sel." I told her. Feeling her kiss my neck, I almost died. The relief and love that filled my body was incredible.