ENTRY #13: Dear Aldrich

I knew from the very beginning that I made you angry as I distract you while you were painting at our school's grass field. I still always remember your priceless tomato like face made by anger. You shouted at my face on that very moment saying that I should not let you see my face or else you will do bad and embarrassing things in front of the school body. But I didn't listen on your threat.

       One time you were at the school's cafeteria with your friends happily talking some things. I approached on your table and ask if I can sit with your friends. Your friends’ replied that it was okay with them. But when I looked at your direction, I met your eyes setting death glares on me.

       During that time you always made me shut my mouth. You even made me a fool and you humiliate me. Your friends tried to stop you but you continued speaking hurtful words.

       Everyone inside the cafeteria heard it all. And that made me the hottest topic of the week. But still I didn't stop.

       I know you can still remember the time I asked you to be my boyfriend. We were at the school's grass field at that time. You just laughed. Then, you said that I'm just crazy and I need to be confined in a mental hospital. Yes. I am crazy - crazy in love in you. And you also said that there is no chance that you will like me or worst love me. I heard it loud and clear. My tears started rolling over my cheeks.

       You didn't care of me even you saw me cried in front of you. You just pushed me so hard causing me to slump on the ground.

       "Leave me alone," was your final words then you walked.

       Even it was very painful for me and may cause to leave this world very soon; I still did what you said to me. I hope I made you very happy on my decision to live my life far away from you.

       Thank you because I met you and it made me very happy once in my life. Even though you treated me not like the way I treated you. And thank you for being part of my life.

       I know you can read this when I'm already gone in this world. Once again, thank you!

P.S. Please don't feel sorry for me.

Sincerely yours,

Jesanne

      I felt numb after reading the letter. It can't be. She can't be dead. We should be happy together right now.

       "This is just a joke, right?" I hopefully asked her brother, the one who gave me the letter, hoping that this letter is just a prank.

       He remained in silent for a second.

       "No, it's not."

       I can't believe this.

       It's my fault.

       If I only knew what is she for me before she left. This might not be happening.

       "Where is she?"

       I need to see her. I have a lot of things to say.

       "She's at the funeral house near our village."

       I ran as fast as I can.

       I immediately walked inside not minding the people looking at me.

       I was dumbfounded the moment I saw her coffin.

       "I'm very sorry, Jesanne."