Head Boy Ch 3

Hermione POV

I ran out of the Great Hall before anyone could ask me what was wrong before McGonagall could announce Head Boy before anything else bad could happen. I found a corridor that no one ever used and sat down to cry. If only I had Harry's map to see if anyone was coming so that I could go away. That's when I heard footsteps, and before I could react, Malfoy appeared in front of me. 

"Granger," he said. I looked up because his voice was sweet, not an ounce of his usual hatred for me embedded in it. "you okay?"

"Why do you care Malfoy," I said angrily, even though all he did was ask if I was okay. 

"Well, we are going to share a dorm this year, so I figured it would be better if we were both civil towards one another instead of spewing nasty words every time we are together." He seemed agitated with my tone and started walking away. Muttering to himself some about being civil.

"Wait!" I called, "How are we sharing a dorm?" My mind still wasn't thinking clearly, and I really had no idea what he was on about. 

"Didn't you know I made Head Boy? McGonagall just told everyone that is why I'm here. People started getting really upset, and I didn't want to be at the end of anyone's Hexes."

"Oh..." my voice was shaky because I remembered why I was here in this corridor. "I didn't know I ran out of the Hall because I got a letter from Ron."

I didn't know why I said that; it sort of just slipped out. Then without warning, I started to go on about what happened. "He owled me that we were over, no explanation, NO I'M SORRY, NO NOTHING." I was getting angrier and louder with each word. Then something happened that made all the rage and anger inside me go away Malfoy hugged me. I instantly relaxed. I have no idea why though, and the weirdest thought went through my head, 'Thank god he's Head Boy.'