Seeing Ginny Ch 5

Ginny POV

After looking for what seemed hours, I finally decided to go back to my dorm and find Hermione in the morning. She can take care of herself, after all. When I got back to the Gryffindor common room, it was weird because there was no one really there. With Harry and Ron at training and Hermione in her own dorm with Malfoy, hopefully, they haven't hexed each other to oblivion yet; it feels so lonely in here. I guess I'll go to bed already. I hope whatever that letter was, it didn't hurt Hermione too badly. 

The next morning, I woke up and got dressed to head to breakfast to hopefully sort out what happened last night with my best friend. When I walked out of the common room, I ran right into Malfoy. 

"Watch it." I snapped. 

"Oh, just the person I was looking for, Weaselette." He responds calmly.

That catches me off guard. I can't even retaliate to the ferret. 

"Oh, Ginny...I'm sorry old habits die hard. I didn't mean to call you that. I just wanted to ask you a question."

"Wait, did the ferret just apologize?" I was shocked. Draco stood there for a very long time before I realized he wasn't joking, "What is it you needed, Malfoy?"

He replied slowly, "Well, I found Hermione last night in a corridor, and I took her to our dorm because she was crying about your brother. I want to help her, and I could only think of one person here who knew her well enough to know how to make her happy again, so I need your help."

I didn't' know how to respond at first because, one 'Hermione' since when does Malfoy call my best friend that, and two he's asking for help, that has to be a first as well...When I finally found my voice, it's sad and scared, "she was crying?, What did my git brother do this time." the last part I said with much more conviction than I said the first. 

He didn't hesitate in replying, " She told me that he just wrote her last night that they were over and that's all nothing else no reason, no, I'm sorry, no nothing."

"HE DID WHAT!!!!" I scream; this draws stares from other students around us, but I don't care. How could Ron do that? She loves him; she always has. "He isn't just going to get one of those letters I promised him I would send today. I think I'll send him a Howler at work to see how he likes it. How could he do this to 'Mione."

"What do I do? I want to help her. She looked so miserable last night," he said this with so much love I knew that he actually wanted to help. 

"Astronomy tower, tonight 10 p.m." and with that, I walked away because I didn't care about breakfast anymore I had a date in the owlery.