Chapter 1: Number 3

Lauren's POV

Hi, I'm Lauren Jauregui, I love to play outdoor games and specifically obsessed with horses. I enjoy playing with my little sister, Taylor. Well, I'm 2 years older than her. Other than Taylor, I also have an older brother, Chris. He's the goofiest clown in the whole wide world because he can make us smile whenever we don't want to.

Mom and dad brought us in the park to have a little family day. I'm playing with Taylor while Chris is trying to have a turn on the swing.

"Lauren, do you think that living in the woods is a cool thing to do?" Taylor ask while shaking my hand.

I shrug, "Maybe, why'd you ask?", I said looking at her confuse.

She grip my hand and lead me to the woods. "Tay, mom and dad will be worried if we continue to go deep in the woods." I said but she didn't listen.

After a few more steps we both saw a small wooden house and a little barn.

"I think its cool." I heard Taylor whisper.
"How did you know that there's a house over there?" I asked her confused.

She just shrug and drag me to the barn to visit some animals.

"I know your obsesses with horses." she said opening the barn door.

It revealed a lot of horses, "Wow!" I said with a little excitement and amazement in my voice.

"You can touch it, if you want to," she said brushing her little fingers to the head of the black horse. "I want you to be my horse, little one." she whisper.

I pick the white horse and brush my fingers through his head, "And your mine."

We both laugh and walk over to the chickens, we saw some corn pellets aside and we decided to throw some in the floor. And in my pure shock, the chickens starts to eat it.

"You little fingerlings!!! Don't touch those things!!" we suddenly heard a male voice yelling at us.

We both scream and run back to the woods, we miss our paths and went on the opposite side. I went to the left and Taylor went to the right, I tried to call her name but she ignored me. So, I follow her path and continue to call her name.

"Taylor!!! Taylor!! Its Lauren, Taylor!!" I yell in the middle of nowhere.

But I heard nothing, "Taylor, Please show up!! I think mom and dad were probably worried!! I can't leave you here!!" Was the last words I said before passing out into the woods.

~

"I only dreamed about my sister in that day, And I wish that I was the one who got lost, not her. But it was too late... They found me sleeping under the dark oak tree.. No Taylor, even a little trace of her." I said as my classmates claps their hands to my short story of my sister and I.

"Thank you Ms. Jauregui for the wonderful true story of your sister." Ms. Gail said.

When the class dismissed, everyone rush out of the room. It was just me and my best friends.

"Did you really regret when the day your sister got lost?" Normani ask... I look at her and just shrug.

I never got any attention to my mam since Taylor got lost. All I can hear to her was the reprehension that she's always telling to me about the incident. My life is really ruined and I don't have any idea where is my little sister now. Is she alive?? Its been 13 years since the accident happened.

"I don't know, Mani... I mean, they don't even care to me when it happened... I'm like invisible to them." I sadly said and a comfort tap on my shoulder was begging me not to cry but my eyes were already watering.

"Don't cry, Lauren... We're always here for you, we love you." Lucy said kissing my cheeks, I smile at her.

I know that Lucy like me and even I already gave her a billions of rejection, she's still here for me. And I think that I'm starting to like her.

I just exhale loudly and avoid the tension in my eyes. After a minute we all found a place to the pitch, softball try out is in the process.

"Hey Lauren," Normani whisper, I hum in response "Look at that number 3, she looks scary." She said pointing to the little girl who's throwing a very fast fastball.

My jaw drop, the catcher can't even catch her pitches. "I don't think that I can catch those pitches." I mumble

Lucy look at me and start laughing, "Don't tell me that the new girl will bring your ass down... Practice, Jauregui." she said, I look back at the girl again.

"I don't think that someone can throw a fast pitch like that." I said to Lucy, she just shook her head and hand me a little ball.

I get the ball and analyze it. Its small as a marble and its made of plastic.

"Don't worry that ball is bouncy, just throw it on the wall and it will rebounds back to you." She said smirking at me.

I keep the ball and peck her forehead as a thank you to her.

"Nice one Lucy." Normani tease with a little smirk on her face.

Lucy blush and I just put my arms around her shoulder causing Mani to tease her more.

" Cabello " I read the back of her jersey.

~
Just a little note, some people were reading this chapter wrong. The phrase that is being applied by the Italic is the flashback of Lauren's past back when she was a kid. She's eventually telling her story to the Ms. Gail's class and at the end, this new girl who have the 'Cabello' surname caught her attention. Its a summary tho, Lol.