Chapter 29: Adopted and First Letter

My graduation finally started, I'm one of the students who will give an inspiration speech on the stage and I'm pretty nervous about it.

As they call my name on the stage, a round of applause greet me and I smile how supportive my friends can they be.

"Hello, my name is Lauren Jauregui and I want to share something that's really important to me," I inhale deeply as I took my moment to look at Camila, I nervously smile, "My life isn't fair... Yes, my family is rich but what is money without happiness? I just wanted to say that time is gold, it is the real treasure that every one of us want to have. I've never feel so complete before because my heart is empty but I never give up to found the missing piece of it and I want to tell you that its all worth it when you found the one, the one that will make you feel happy in every second that your with this person, the one that will make you inspire in every single word he/she's telling you about science, and the one that will make you calm down by just holding you tightly and close to his/her arms... I never quit in every challenges that my life gave me because I'm thinking this way 'Why did I start in the first place? And why I'm still holding on if its not important to me?'" I look up to spot a teary Camila, she smile when she notice that I'm looking at her, "I want to tell you that no matter how down you are, never give up because giving up will not gonna help you, giving up will only gonna make things worst or complicated... And when you see someone who's feeling alone, help him/her to get up, be the reason why he/she smiled in that day because it feel so good to be the reason why that person smiled in that day, thank you."

I don't make the half of the speech, some we're mine but mostly not I just read it to be honest.

The graduation end so fast and I am now driving on my way to my house and when I arrive, I saw my parents on the living room. It try to walk past by but dad called my name.

"Lauren, there's important I want to tell you," Dad said and I saw mom rolling her eyes.

I look at him confused,"If its about my relationship with Camila, just drop it okay," I warned and he shook his head, I wonder what is it about.

"You are not my daughter," Mom said which made my eyes widen, If she's not my mom then Camila is not my sister?

"And Camila?" I'm still hoping that we can continue, No! I'm not hoping, I'm believing.

"She's your step sister," Dad said and my heart crack, "I'm your real father, Lauren and your mom ran away when we made a mistake.... She want me to have you because I can make your life better," Dad added, Tears are rolling down to my cheeks.

After all these years? Now I know the reason why she's always so mad at me, because I'm just a mistakes.

"Your slut mom is your father's mistress and then boom! You've being created because your great father cheated on me!" She annoyingly said and dad just roll his eyes.

I just drop it and I was about to go upstairs but Camila is there, she heard the whole conversation. Instead of speaking anything, Camila just pull me in for a hug, holding me tightly and I rest my head on her chest. We just stayed like that until they need to leave.

And the bad thing into that is, I didn't even got an one last kiss before she left. As soon as they already leave, I made my way to my room and lay down to my bed, crying hard and loud as if there's no tomorrow to continue my drama.

After a week, as Camila promise she will send a letter for me and when the mail comes, I got my first letter.

Dear Lauren,

I miss you so much, California is pretty boring without you... I just wish I could hold you through the screen and give you a kiss when the morning comes, its optional for us. I met a good friend here, her name is Hailee and she's such a good girl. Just in case your getting jealous, I want to remind you that I'm only yours and I want you to be only mine. Cheesy? Yeah I know... And just as you know, mostly mom and dad weren't here and they actually want me to date this cute little boy named, Shawn. I talked to him and don't worry about it because I just learned that he's gay and he knows that I'm a lesbian so I guess that we're even. Can you please say 'Hi' to Dinah and Ally in there? I miss them both too and I guess that, that's it I'm looking forward for your letter and I love you.

Love,
Camz

I smile at her letter, for some reason I got jealous at this Shawn because mom and dad are actually pushing hem to be together but I'm also glad that he's not into girls.

I'm rereading her letter everyday and I also create a reply to her letter... I never get tired to look at the stars because I'm always feeling that every time I'm seeing stars it's reminding me how far I'm being distance with each other our heart are still meeting in the middle of our space.