Chapter 27: Captain Dinah To The Rescue

Camila's POV

I was about to follow Lauren when mom grip my hand preventing me to follow her.

"Like I said, you will not gonna see Lauren again," She exclaim looking furiously at me.

I really don't know her yet, she's just showing me the good side of hers not the bad side and I am so surprise from what she said awhile ago. Now I completely feel Lauren, how she's being threatening with her own mom.

I wince on how hard she's grip my arm, "I-i'm not going anywhere, I-i'm going on my room," I lied, but still she's gripping my arm as she drag me along the stairs, passing Lauren's door which I heard some shouting.

She stop when we finally reach the door of my room, "Just making sure your not lying," she said while opening the door and shoving me inside, "Have a sweet dreams, goodnight," she said before closing my door.

I roll my eyes, my mom is the definition of bipolar. I wonder how long is she being like this and how can Lauren, Chris, and dad can even deal with her moods.

Suddenly, I receive an email to Dinah who's asking how was my free time with Lauren and there's a little wink at the end of the sentence. I sigh, instead of replying to Dinah I just click Lauren's name and type a message to her.

Me: Babe? Can you open your door for me please? I'm gonna try to go there and check you out for a minutes or maybe hours

I click the send button and not about a minute I got a reply.

Lauren: Get your laptop and be ready to Skype.

I do what she said, I plug my laptop and log in my account to Skype. a
And when Lauren called, my whole body jumps excitedly. I answer it.

Her face appear on the screen, You can really tell that she just cried because her face turn all red. Her cheeks are a little bit of pink and her nose and eyes are kinda red.

"You just cried, aren't you," I said and she sadly nod.

"Is that your way to greet your girlfriend when something is wrong?" She smile, gosh its killing me.

I chuckle, "No, baby... I was-, Ugh... I want to see you so badly," I groan and she glare at me with a little message of 'Seriously?'

"You can see me, baby," I shook my head while laughing at myself.

She smile, "I mean not on cam, In person," I explain which made her to chuckle.

"I will contact Dinah and I want you to remove all the technology that mom and dad gave you," she said in a serious tone.

"I don't get it, give an example," I said as I think about the reason why she want me to remove all the technology that mom and dad gave me.

She stand and grab her phone into her pocket, she raise it on the camera "A phone. Remember what dad told us, We're being tracked and think about this.... Its either through the devices that we're using or in our cars," Lauren wisely said, I think of that for a seconds.

She have a big point, Mom and Dad replace my phone and I also remember the watch that Dad gave me as a gift to my honor.

I remove my watch and throw it on my bed, I do the same to my phone and when I look back at the screen I saw Lauren sitting on her computer's chair while talking to Dinah in her phone.

And when she's done, she told me to make my way to the window and then to the neighbor's front gate because that's where Dinah's car parked.

I do what she said, its actually so hard to climb to the window because I need to be careful not to be catch on mom's small camera's around the house.

As I finally made it, I saw Lauren standing worriedly outside the car. I smile of how much she really do care to me.

"Hey, babe," I call and she quickly turn around to meet me and greet me with an embrace and a small peck on the forehead.

Suddenly, we heard a horn through Dinah's car "I actually don't have any idea what happened, I think it will be great if you will tell me what happened before eating each other's face," she said which made Lauren to chuckle.

She grab my hand and lead me to the back door, I get in and I watch her to open the front door and get in too.

Dinah started to pull away and made her way back to where my grandfather lives, The lake.

"Mom just found out," Lauren shortly said, "She want us to separate and I don't too because I love Camila," My heart flutter, I look at the side mirror to see the reflection of Lauren.

Her tears are gently falling to her cheeks, "She don't want us to see each other again and she want Camila to take senior and collage on the California," she added and I heard Dinah gasp.

I will never let mom take me away from my happiness, I don't want her to change me because I am happy from where I am now.

"I will never let her," I suddenly speak and Lauren shook her head.

"Not that I'm losing hope but I know mom, Camila. She will literally do anything, no matter how and no matter when, what she wants is what she wants and what she said, she mean it," I cringe, Is she's trying to say that mom is dangerous?

As we reach the field, we thank Dinah for dropping us here. We walk hand in hand, heading straight to the lake.

"I miss this," Lauren suddenly spoke as we both take a sit on the wooden path, "But I more miss you," she look at me.

That is the first time we made an eye to eye contact in that day, I smile at her and gently lean in she also lean in until our lips meet.

We just stay there, kissing each other, cuddling, and saying cheesy words like the 'I love you' thing.

"What do you wanna be when we finally finish being senior and move on to collage," Lauren suddenly ask which made me to think deeply about it.

"I think I want to be a surgeon someday," I said as I lay my head on Lauren's chest, I close my eyes while listening to Lauren's heartbeat her heartbeat is the most wonderful beat or even sounds I ever heard, I am willing to trade Ed Sheeran's music into it.

"I want to be a writer," She confidently said and I chuckle at her.

"Your not even good at expressing your feelings," I roll my eyes at her and she playfully tap my lap "I remember you telling me that you don't like me, what a great lie Michelle!"

She laugh, "That's because I'm talking to my weakness," My heart flutter, "I never though that you liked me too in that time so I think of lying to you," She explain and I just listen to the rest of the story that she's telling me.

We spend the whole night together, we pay a visit to grandpa and stay the night to my bedroom.