Chapter 2: First Talk

Lauren's POV

I'm sitting on the edge of our sofa right now. I still can't forget how fast she can pitch. And I really don't think that I can catch those pitches. I guess she will be the star on our team this year.

"Hey, Lauren?" I heard Chris call my name, I quickly turn around and give him a little peck on his cheek.

"What's up, Chris?" I greet him with a smile.

Chris never change since Taylor got lost, he's still a caring and loving brother to me. But he's not goofing around anymore, I guess that's puberty do right?

"Did you see that Cabello awhile ago?" He said looking surprise.

"Yeah, catchers can't even catch her pitches." I said while pretending to think.

"You need to practice, you need to catch her pitches so that you can be her permanent catcher to the whole season." he said, trying to encourage me to keep up my catch.

"Yeah, I need to practice now." I said while heading to our backyard

I get the ball that Lucy gave me earlier and try to bounce it to the wall, 15 meters away from me. And in my shock it bounce perfectly back to me.

I smile and continue to bounce the ball to the wall, every time goes by the harder I'm throwing the ball to the wall.

"Looks like my princess is being wild again, huh." I heard a feminine voice being close to me.

I know who is it, its nanny... Mom never call me princess or even compliment me, I'm physically nothing to her. Like literally nothing.

"Hey nanny, how are you?" I asked while smiling at her.
"Good, I just wanted to remind you that its time for bed." She said while dragging me to my bed room and closing the door.

I just groan and open my laptop, there's a 1 email from my brother, I open it.

Hey Lauren... I just wanted you to know that tomorrow, You're gonna catch some fast pitch from Camila Cabello.

- Chris

My eyebrows wrinkled, "Oh.. So this girl named, Camila... Not bad, lets stalk her." I said, grinning devilish.

I open my Instagram and search for 'Camila Cabello' her picture quickly appear on the screen.

I clicked her pictures and analyze it one by one... "Oh shit, she looks hotter than Lund." I mumble under my breathe.

Oh no!! I'm actually starting to like Lucy and then I'm going to back off because of this Camila thing... I said to myself who's panicking so hard, right now.

I just drop down the conversation that's happening in my head, And lay completely down to my bed.

-

As usual, I woke up early and prepare myself for school. I pick up my favorite gloves from my closet and put it in my bag.

I gently go downstairs and walk up to the kitchen to see my dad reading some newspaper, mom who's eating quietly and Chris, who's texting someone on his phone.

"Good Morning, Nanny." I greet her while smiling so wide. She greet me back.

I just put down my bah to the vacant chair that I'm always sitting in and make a juice for my mam. And when I'm done making it, I drag Nanny to hand it to my mom.

I sit in the metal chair and gently clear my throat... "Uh, mam... Next week-" I was just about to finish my sentence but Mom already cut me off.

"I know, Lauren! Next week is the day you lost your sister!!" Mom yelled while getting up to her sit, she look really furious about it and I can't do nothing but to sob quietly.

"Clara, Enough!" Dad replied, comforting mom, "It already happened okay, just accept it."

Mom look at dad with some disappointment in her eyes, "Look Mike, I'm sorry okay... I'm sorry that I can't forgot our daughter and you Lauren, I'm sorry that I love your sister more than you!" she said while pointing her index finger to my face and walking away.

I just cry and Chris come up behind me to comfort me.

"Shh... I know that its not okay but please understand her." Chris said while rubbing my back

-

The pain, anger and sadness are still deep inside me... I just wanted her to love me as much as I love her. I really wish she would love me someday.

I was late in my first class and when I enter the classroom, all of their eyes were on mine, "What at you looking at?" I bravely ask

"How many times do I have to tell you to please knock before coming in, Ms. Jauregui." Mr. Collins said

I halfheartedly smile and nod before rolling my eyes. I pick the two vacant chair at the back, hoping that Lucy will sit beside me.

"Okay so... We have a new student," Mr. Collins said which caught all of our attention, "Please come in and introduce yourself." He added

A familiar brunette girl comes in... I knew who she is, it was Camila.

"H-hi my name is Camila Cabello and I'm 17 years old and... I'm a varsity player in softball." she said while smiling.

Everyone cheer, "Hey, Camila! Are you single?" The school's bad boy, Austin said

Camila didn't answer, instead she just walk past by and sit beside me.

I want to say something but nothing comes out to my mouth.

"I'll give you 5 minutes to answer the page 27." Mr. Collins said before getting out.

I get my book and check my bag for a ball pen but there's nothing.

"Shit." I mumble above my breathe, I look around and saw Hansen in front of me.

"Hey, Dinah!" I said and she look at me while smiling, "Do you have an extra pen?"I ask and she shook her head.

"Sorry, I only have one pen left." she said in apologizing tone, "Hey, Camila.... Can you let Lauren borrow some of your pen, please?"she said and the girl who's sitting beside me nod.

I saw Dinah wink and I want to kill her right now, "You're Lauren, right." Camila suddenly said

I look at her and nod... She hand me a blue pen and I thank her.

"You're so famous in this school." she said

I smile at her, "Maybe not." I chuckle

"Your also playing softball, right." she said

I don't know that she's talkative and I kinda like it,I smile.

"Yup and your the new pitcher." I said and she grin while blushing.

I laugh at her, "Yes I am but... I still don't have a catcher yet." she said while chuckling

"Really? You're a good pitcher how come that you don't have a catcher yet?" I play it cool even tho, I knew the reason why she didn't have any.

"Actually, there will be a small try outs for the catchers later and I hope that you'll pass." She said while looking deeply to me.

I smile, "Sounds like a challenge." I playfully said

She laugh, "No it wasn't but.... I really want you." she suddenly said

I suddenly furrowed my eyebrows and look at her confuse.

I was about to say something but Mr. Collins already return which make the both of us focus on the lesson.