Chapter 36: Finding What My Heart Is Asking For

3 more weeks... 3 more weeks to fight for us, I'm always going back home to talk to her but she only says the one thing 'shut up and leave', its painful to be treated like that and acting like she never cares to me.

I never have a courage to say a thing to her like Dua is pregnant and we are not sisters, its getting harder and harder because I'm dealing with my job and her reasons why she don't want to continue and its affecting me a lot.

I'm on my way back to my office when our chief of surgeon block my way, I look at her confused and she smile happily to me.

"What's up, chief?" I said, I'm getting nervous about this. I've been attending late because I have to come to Lauren's every morning to try and talk to her.

She halfheartedly smile, "I want you to join us to our tour, Dr. Cabello," my heart drop but also my nerves get excited.

A tour against seeing Lauren everyday, it will be hard to choose but my mind and heart is yelling for one thing...

"I'm sorry, chief I-i can't accept that," I sadly said and she raise an eyebrow at me.

"No, I'm not asking because I know that you will decline it so I already put your name at the paper and we will leave tonight," Brilliant, she's a real brilliant woman on this hospital no wonder how good she can handle everything.

I sigh, "Can I know the reason why you want me instead of other doctors?" She smirk.

"That's because your the best among to the orthopedics doctors," she said while walking away and leaving me standing on the hallway with a foolish smile on my face.

I will leave tonight for a tour and I can't decline it. Its seems like I will miss a days for convincing Lauren.

When the night has come, I learned that I will be gone for 1 week and a half to be specific 11 days.

I get in in the aeroplane, taking a seat next to Veronica...

Lauren's POV

I can't believe what I'm doing, the one thing I knew is that I can't do that to Camila. Its actually night and I don't have any courage to make Camila leave again, I'm so down...

"Lauren, baby," Dua said as she enter my room, she's just on her sexy underwear and bra.

I smile widely and get up from my bed and hug her from behind, I don't know if its just me because she's getting fatter and her moods are turning upsidedown.

"Lauren! Stop it!" She suddenly yell which made me to pull away and look at her in pure shock.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I annoyingly ask, I'm really not into mood to argue to her but she's forcing me.

"Nothing, just go to sleep," I roll my eyes and throw myself on my bed, making sure that there's no space enough for her so that I can't be with her tonight.

I close my eyes and pretend that I'm already asleep when she's complaint about how much I'm occupying the spaces between us.

"Dang it! I'm going to sleep in my home!" Was the last words she said before getting out of my room and banging the door so loud.

I smirk, this is not the first time I've done something like this to her. Not later on, I'm gently falling asleep.

My dreamed turn to be a bad one, I dreamed that Camila is going to leave me and will show up when I and Dua are already married.

I just push my dream away and do my morning routine, and I've been on the point where I was waiting for Camila to show up to the front door. I've waited for seconds, minutes, and hours.... But she didn't shown up.

I'm actually really late for work until I finally make my decision to go to work.

That's my routine for a week until I decided to check her up, I know where she's working and I'm getting nervous as the time past by.

I enter the hospital and take the stairs and when I already reach the 3rd floor, I go to the information desk to ask for her office number.

"Hi there, how can I help you?" The nurse happily said, I smile at her.

"I'm Looking for D-," before I can finish my sentence, a familiar deep voice cut me off.

"What are you doing here?" It was Dua and my pulse quickly fasten, I don't know if I get caught up or I just caught her up?

"The real question is, what are you doing here?" I furrowed my eyebrow and her demeanor change, she's getting nervous but why?

"Don't change the subject, Lauren," she warned as she give me a killer glare, I cringe.

"Uhh I-i was looking for a-a doctor that can uhh check my st-stomach," I lied and she just shrug.

"Okay, I'm going to see you home," she said entering the elevator and when the door close I quickly turn around and saw the same nurse with a doctor.

"You know her?" The doctor said and I nod my head.

"Well yeah, she's my fiancé," I said while giving the doctor a smile.

"Oh well, I'm doctor Robbins a pediatrician and I'm the doctor of you-," she's about to finish but I cut her off, I don't care what she's going to say. I just want to see Camila.

"I'm Lauren Jauregui and I-," she cut me off too and I groan lowly.

"You know Dr. Cabello? Jauregui is her surname in our record," Dr. Robbins said which made me to jump in joy, finally.

"Yes! Where is she? Can I see her, please?" I beg and Dr. Robbins and the nurse look at each other.

"I'm Ariana but Dr. Cabello is not here, she's on the tour and she'll be back on Friday," Ariana explain and I frown while nodding sadly.

I thank them and frustratedly make my way back home to have a sleep to make her out of my mind for a couple of hours.