Chapter 33: The Things That I Didn't Know

I need to confess, I still like Lauren and its just miracle that I'm still feeling the same way I first saw her.

"Camila! We talked about this, you have to move on!" Dinah exclaim getting the alcoholic beverage on my hand and putting it aside.

"I want to forget about her," I whisper, I'm not drunk which means that I know what exactly am I doing.

"What about try to close your eyes and clear your mind about Lauren," she suggest and I do it.

I try to think about something like my grandpa and Ally... But its soon change when I lose concentration, its turned out to be me with Lauren on the lake.

"I want to be with Lauren, I want to feel her love again because I deserve it right?" I whisper, tears are falling down to my cheeks, "I want her to stay by my side, just mine."

I don't know why its hard to move on but its gently killing me to see her with Dua. I just lay my head down to Dinah's shoulder as she put her arms around my shoulder while comforting me.

She peck my forehead, "Just cry it out, you will get over her."

-

2 weeks past by and that's my every night routine before I can go to sleep but last night is different I didn't think about her or even cry for her.

I look at myself at the mirror and smile at myself, I look different from the past few days the exhausted Camila didn't appear, the hot Camila appeared.

I take a shower and brush my teeth before going downstairs to meet Dinah who's preparing our coffee.

"Good Morning!" I happily said and I grab a banana and peel it before shoving it to my mouth.

She smirk, "Congratulations!" She said while handing me my coffee, I look at her confused, "You just moved on!"

My whole body jump in joy, I moved on... I feel happy and free.

I smile at her, "See you later! I have a patient who's waiting for me," I said while heading to the door and driving all the way to the hospital.

As I enter the elevator, Dr. Robbins quickly prevent the door from closing and get in with me.

"One of my patient mentioned your name," she said which caught my attention.

I'm having a suspicions that she's talking about Dua, even I'm totally wasted for the whole 2 weeks I'm not oblivious to forget about what's happening around me.

"Really? Can you tell me her name?" I said and she raise an eyebrow at me.

"Her name is Duna Lipa and she also said that your real name is Taylor Jauregui," I froze, I already delete that name 7 years ago.

"Oh yeah but its a long story just never call me in that name, please?" I pleaded and she surf something on her tablet and she show me a case.

"Taylor Jauregui sounds familiar in this hospital so I decided to stalk if you have a case and that thing show its all," she said and I quietly read what's written on the tablet.

Patient's Name: Taylor Jauregui
Age: 18
Cases: Have been on a car accident which cause a damage on her spinal cord and dislocated left foot
- DNA test: 99% negative

I blink my eye for a seconds, Did I read it right? As fas as I know what its 99% positive not negative.

"Is it negative?" I ask pointing to the DNA case and she nod, my heart stop.

I hand her the tablet and remain silent for awhile. When the door finally open, I walk straight to Dr. Iglesias office to see her reading some x-rays.

"Why you didn't tell me?" I said and she look at me confuse. I can also tell that she's nervous because she can't look at me in the eye and she can't stop moving, "Lauren is not my sister, right?"

She swallow her breathe,"C-camila, I'm so sorry but yes, L-lauren is not your sister and the DNA test is a lie because your mom threatened my life and I can't do anything but to obey her," she explain, I look at her weakly.

Why didn't she told me before? Why right now that I finally moved on? Am I too late to change everything?

I didn't speak or even look back, I jogged down to the stairs and walking directly to the parking lot and get in in my car. I send a message to Ariana that I can't duty today because I'm not feeling well.

As I made my way back home, not to Dinah's but to my parent's. Luckily no one is inside and I run upstairs to Lauren's door, I slowly enter.

Tears are falling down to my cheeks, I check her closet to spot her clothes and a small box. I grab the small box.

When I open it, my heart break into billion pieces. Its full of letters, some were old and some were not I also spot our pictures. She didn't forget about me.

Tears are continually falling down as I open the first letter:

Dear Camila,
I want you to know that my heart always belongs to you, remember when I told you that I love you? Its all true because I never stop loving you... I wanted to say sorry for breaking you, for walking away. I know that this is not the first time we broke up but what we're doing isn't gonna work and I can't find a damn thing to hold you again and its killing me... Just as you know, I'm always dreaming of you and I'm hoping that we can see each other someday. As much as I want to show you how much I'm falling in love with you every minute, I can't because many people don't want us to be together and we're sister.
Love,
Lauren

~
Next chapter will be full of Lauren's letter, this story is about to end (: