Chapter 20: Letting Go

Its been a month and I'm not feeling any better, I'm getting ready for a small camping that the graduating junior highschool have.

When I already packed up, I head to my car and spot Camila was already in it. I just sigh and put my bag on the back.

The car ride is full of silence but it also broke when Camila started to talk on the middle of our way.

"Softball just ended," she said but I didn't response, I just listen "We all got a gold medal and I'm sure that if you didn't quitted, you can get a trophy and a medal," she continue.

I didn't get any softball medal before, we're always the loser but it all change when Camila arrive. She's really a magical person.

I'm craving to have a softball medal since I was a kid, I try different positions but I can't be any better than to be a catcher.

We already arrive in front of our school and two busses were parked in there, Camila quickly get out and grab her bag at the back. I park my car and do what she did awhile ago.

"Listen, bitches! Here's the seat plan!" One of the teacher said while reading the list of partners in the paper, "Brooke and Kordei, Jauregui and Jauregui, Hansen and Vives," I swallow hard.

I'm being partnered by Camila, great! I'm the first one who get in in the bus and find a seat that I think its comfortable and soon, Camila seat next to me.

The bus ride is so boring, I don't if its really boring or its just an awkward silence between me and Camila.

After a few hours, we finally reach our destination. Its so beautiful there's actually a clean lake and I'm starting to think if I'm gonna jump in.

"We don't have enough tent so, you guys need to share a tent with your partner," My jaw drop, share a bed with my ex. Cool.

As the time goes by, its just starting to get dark when one of the teacher make all the students to gather to the fire.

"I want everyone to cooperate, I will pick a student and give her a chance to say whatever that student wanna say to her/his selected person," I nod in understanding. "Taylor Jauregui, you can go first," our teacher said.

I can feel everyone's eyes on me and I can't help but to roll my eyes at them. I know that she will pick me, its pretty obvious.

She stand up from her seat and take a step towards me. "I just want to say sorry but also thank you," My heart skip a beat. "I'm so sorry that I am the reason why mom treat you a bitch for the whole 13 years, I know how badly you want to feel a mother's love or even care, and I was the reason why you can't even feel any one of those feelings," she stop, she's now crying and I am trying hard not to cry in front of her just act like I don't care even tho I just want to hug her and wipe those tears on her face, because I care about her. A lot. "But also thank you, you make me feel so special back to the day when I first met you and I'm so glad that you continue it, you protect me, you respect me, you care about me, and you liked me..." A tear fall down to my eyes, "Thank you for the memories, Lauren... For giving me the best night of my life, for my first wedding, and for being my first kiss..." I look down to her finger and I notice the ring is gone, and the necklace is nothing. She pull out a box, "Chris told me that this medal is your goal," she hand me the box.

I feel so hurt because her ring and her necklace is all gone! I actually wearing the ring but the necklace is being hidden on my drawer.

I shook my head, "I won't accept it," I shortly reply but she drop it in front of me.

"Accept it and I won't take a no for an answer," she stand up and go back to her seat. I saw all of our friends have the same glare at me. I roll my eyes before accepting it.

And when I open it my eyes widen, Its not just the medal... The ring and the necklace is also there not to mention the little note on it.

I raise my hand, "I need to pee, Mr. Collins," I said and he nod. I made my way to the bathroom.

I broke down into tears, I shakily open the box. The medal fall into the floor but the ring and the necklace remained. I grab the note, and read it.

Dear Lauren,

I can't take it anymore, your right. This won't work if we're in this situation, I just wanted you to know that you hurt me a lot and its now time to move on. I want to help myself to get up and these things won't help me... I made a lot of things to have a hint that you still care about me but those act only shows the same, you don't care anymore. Thank you for the 1 month, Lauren... Those days were the best and I will never ever forget those memories that you give me as the person that you liked. I loved you before and I love you right now as a sister.
Your sister,
Taylor Jauregui

My knees were on my chest, I cry quietly. I regret everything, I want her back but I just ruined it... When the time that she love me being more than a sister.

Those moments when I think its stupid were the moments that she will remember for the rest of her life. Those memories that I give her was her strength but I just throw it all... Its me who is stupid, not her.

And I am the reason why her life is being also a mess, I ruined her and I will never ever can take it back. I just missed the most wonderful thing that came to my life because I'm a selfish shit that all I can think is the bad things that's happening in my life. I never think about the good one, like Camila coming to my life, turning it all upside down like she owns me forever. Making me happy when I'm sad and making me forget all my problems. And I take it all away, her loving, her touch and whatever reason I have I know that its wasn't enough because I take her away from me.

"Are you glad that its all over now?" A voice suddenly speak....