Chapter 5: Guitar Lesson

Lauren's POV

Its been a week since i got the routine of coming to Camila's house then going home before dark. I love spending time with Camila and I'm sure that she also love spending time with me.

"So, you're getting better at catching my pitches." Camila said as she make her way to the home plate and help me to get up.

"Well, thanks to the best teacher/coach that standing in front of me." I said which make her to tap my shoulder playfully while chuckling.

Softball is still the main reason why I'm spending most of my time here in the woods, we have an upcoming game next week and we need to prepare ourselves for our very first game as a pair.

Carmen is getting bigger every day that has past by, I never pet a hen before but now i'm enjoying it and love it soon.

"I have something new in my mind," Camila suggest as she pick up Carmen and place it on the small chicken cage, "She'll be safe here for a while." She said before making her way to a small house.

She disappear for awhile but she also come back with a guitar case on her hand, she wave her hand motioning me to follow her.

I follow her all the way down to the lake, its like only yesterday when we both told our story about our parents.

She open the guitar case that she's been carrying for awhile and when she pull out the guitar there is it, a green with a little combination of brown color of the guitar.

She sit on the edge of the wooden path and I sit beside her, making sure that there's still some distance between us for the guitar.

"Do you ever play guitar before?" Camila ask looking up at me.

I shook my head "No." that's true I never played guitar before, I just know how to play piano.

She smile and start to pluck some of the strings on her guitar.

At first, I didn't even recognize the song but when she starts singing I knew it.

'Saying I love you is not the words I want to hear from you' She sing while smiling at her own goddess voice.

'Is not that I want you not to say but if you only knew
How easy it would be to show me how you feel'

I use to heard it in my dad's playlist and not to mention it, papa is always singing it when Taylor and I were just a kids.

'More that words, is all you have to do to make it real
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
Cause I'd all ready know
What would you do if my heart was torn in two
More that words to show you feel that your love for me is real
What would you say if i took those words away
Then you couldn't make true just by saying I love you'

She stop playing it and I furrowed my eyebrow in frustration, the way she play her guitar is so perfect and the ways she sing the song is breathe taking.

"Why you stopped? Its so good, to be honest." I said with a little hint of frustration in my voice.

I heard Camila chuckle, "Singing some songs are not my intention." she pause to laugh "I want to teach you how to play guitar." Camila said while laughing vividly.

Her laugh is like a music to my ears, I can't explain why but it always get me every time I used to hear it, I smile at her adorableness.

And when she calm down, she handed me the guitar and I accept it not knowing what I should do next.

She discuss to me every part of the guitar and I appreciate her effort to teach me even tho I can't relate in her discussion.

"Just place your middle finger 2nd fret, 4th string and your ring finger on the 2nd fret, 5th string." Camila said and I do what she said.

She give me a thumbs up and continue to teach me more universal chords.

"You can actually play one song using all of the chords that I taught you." Camila suddenly said.

I shook my head, "Nahh, I can't play this instrument. My fingers are so hurt."  I said as I show her my fingers that already turned into red.

"Its normal," she said and I look at her playfully "Come on, just give it a try." She beg with her best puppy eyes.

I playfully roll my eye and agree.

"Great, the strumming pattern is Down, Down, Down then change chords." Camila said while watching me with full of interest

I nod, as I place my fingers into 4th and 5th string of the 2nd fret and strum it with the strumming pattern that she told me awhile ago.

I continue to play it, until I recognize the song that I've been playing is one of my favorite song.

"Its All of Me by John Legend!" I said with a very shock impression.

I heard her giggle while nodding, "Yeah, Its your favorite." She said

"How'd you know about that?" I ask her confused.

No one knows that All of Me by John Legend is my favorite song.

"I saw it in your playlist and it was named 'My Favorite' with a heart at the end." Camila explain and my jaw drop

"And how you saw my playlist?"

She look down while grinning, "Remember when you hand me your phone because your going to pee?" She said

My eyes widen, "B-but... T-the P-password?" I said

She laugh, "Its your birthday, right." Camila said with a smirk in her lips.

I felt my cheeks blushing furiously, its not about my password, its about something else.

"Oh and your homescreen," she pause while smiling "She's beautiful." Camila added while smirking.

My jaw drop lower, "But... But, its you." I shyly said

She flash me a smile while bursting out laughing "I know, I know." she said while chuckling.

I let her calm down first before speaking, "Your not mad?" I ask and she shook her head 'no'.

"No, not unless you tell me the truth." Camila said and I furrowed my eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" I ask

"Do you like me?" she shortly ask