Glass

Here we are again.

I always thought that we were like a city that a glass sky spanned across.

But now im realizing more that im the glass sky. My skin is no longer that plaster flesh, but more a delicate glass, whose surface is transparent like the sea. My pores are replaced with imperfections that serve as ripples that destroy my worth. My fingertips are glass shards that dig into my delicate glass skin and shatter the surface.

Im shattering as I watch you fade. And this time its for more than just an instant. Its longer than the single moment I lost sight of you the time before.

A part of me knows that this is the last time you'll fade in the horizon. That this is the last time that your ghost of a laugh will be heard by me like it used to.

This is the last time.

I dont know how often we will visit this city in the future, because we are the single tenants and I feel as if without us, our city will crumble.

But I hope you find a new city, one where you are happy. With someone who treats you like a queen.

Because I couldn't do that for you.

My glass skin was too weak and my delicate flesh was too thin, and you were like a hammer in my glass.

I loved you for every part of you though. I loved you for every glass shard that fell from my body and into the sand of our hourglass.

I loved you.

Now let our glass sky fall. Let me fall.