love is scary

Love is scary.

Like a tidal wave of every emotion comes crashing down on you in thousands of pounds and all you can do is let it wash over you like rain. A drowning, suffocating feeling rolls across your body like ripples over water and consumes you until its over, or until it works.

Love is like handing a knife to someone and letting them rip out your chest with the blade that you gave them. Its like telling them to throw it at you with every bit of emotion in their body and sometimes, they do. Sometimes they rip the metal from your hands and plunge it into your skin, embedding itself into your heart where the pain radiates like the sun. But it seems to hurt more when they don't. When you have to take the blade and shove it into your own body to spare them the mess.

The blood of your love spills out onto the streets like a paint turning the town into the ocean of memories that you clutch onto like a life jacket in a storm. The emotion stains your skin in light marks of love that you look down at and see their face. All you can do is remember. Remember the grace and calm you felt in their presence and the tidal waves of raw emotion that washed over the both of you.

This all makes love unattractive and scary to us. Because we hurt so easily. People can write the emotion of a failed love as easily as you can take a breath to fill your lungs.

Love is scary because you never know the difference between fake and true.

Because a love that lasts is a different story.