4- "Don't you think you're forgetting something?"

Chapter 4

*Wait don't play the video as yet!*

Ava's POV

I ran as fast as my legs could take me. I jumped into the car, started the engine, and drove as fast as possible.

The drive from my house to the hospital was only 15 minutes but for some reason known only to god, this drive took me so long. I finally reached the hospital and sprinted across the parking lot to the hospital.

I entered and saw a lady who looked way to calm for someone who was working at a hospital

I entered and saw a lady who looked way to calm for someone who was working at a hospital. Somehow seeing her made me relieved.

I went up to her and asked, "Um excuse me? I need to meet one of my friends who is admitted to this hospital."

"What is her name?"

"Zoe Edwards."

"One-minute dear."

She clicked several keys on her computer. At one point her eyebrows knitted together making me worried.

After about 30 seconds or so, she faced me and said, "I'm really sorry child, but I don't see any such name registered on the computer!"

Wait what? What is happening? What do I do now? Are they playing a joke on me? Or did I just get to the wrong hospital? Why is my head spinning?

Still bewildered, I managed to say,

"Oh. Thank you so much, mam. I will take leave now. "

I turn back and took small steps.

Ping

I look down at my phone.

It read
Ava, I need you to come home right now. ASAP
- Mia

Hmm, what should I do? Why do I feel like Mia is joking about everything that apparently happened to Zoe?
Whatever I'll go now.

I went to my car and pressed the accelerator. After 5 minutes or so I reached their home. But I pulled up 50 yards before the house.

An Audi rolled into the street and pulled up in front of the house. Two guys got down but I could not see who they were because their backs faced me. And suddenly they reminded me of Leo and Ethan. The two of my only friends other than Zoe and Mia when I moved to Singapore.

I knew everything about them- their first crushes, first girlfriends, underwear size ( don't ask me why or how), shoe size, shirt size, and even the first time they shaved (I'm talking about the facial hair ya nasties)

Basically, Leo, Ethan, Zoe, Mia, and I were a family and always hung out.

Ethan told me he liked me about a year ago and I said I wasn't ready. And him being a very caring and understanding person, agreed and ever since our bond became stronger and stronger.

I soon snapped out of my thoughts and went back to racking my brain as to why in the world they were here because they left for Texas to meet their cousins a couple of days ago.

Did Mia tell the guys about Zoe's condition? Even if they did, why would they come all the way from Texas to freaking New Zealand? And for Zoe? It was too far fetched. I mean don't get me wrong. We all love and care for each other unconditionally but the fact that Leo and Ethan would come for Zoe all the way from Texas to New Zealand?

Mehh nope. Not something they would give up. Moreover, this was the only time they got to see their favorite cousins and party with them and they wouldn't miss it for the world.

Nevertheless, I got out of my car and walked toward the house. So me being an idiot, I decided to eavesdrop. I gently placed my right ear on the door but unfortunately could hear nothing.

All I could hear were murmurs for like 10 seconds and then everything went shush.

I really wanted to go back home but at the same time, I wanted to make sure Zoe was okay.

Fuck this. Time to find out what actually is happening.

It was extremely silent when I entered. It was not like a "peaceful" silence. When was silence even peaceful?

I gazed around the living room. I could see no one.

I silently tiptoed inside the house, and into the guest room. A sound suddenly blared from the speakers and a video started playing on the big flat black screen.

(Play the video above )

Okay, I'm going to admit that I was startled at the first but then I totally forgot where I was and started enjoying the song.

Prechorus: Okay get ready Ava
In 3, 2, 1
Chorus: DASI RUN RUN RUN. NAL MUCHA SUGA OBSEO. THO RUN RUN RUN NAL MUCHA DOEGETALGA.
*wtf Ava, that's not even the lyrics. Facepalm. But who cares?*

This went on for a while until the end of the song. What I hadn't realized was that the lights went off.

After the song ended, I looked around only to see darkness. Darkness crept the walls, the tiles, the couch, and everything else.

I thought of either standing there like a statue or leaving home. Well, you guessed it, I picked the former.

After a minute or so I could hear warm breaths beating against my neck. A chill ran up and down my spine.

A part of my instinct said I should run away but the other part of me really wanted to who it was.

I slowly turned around like how people would do in the movies.

As soon as I turned around I realized it was a guy's face and our lips were like a few inches away from each other.

Then for a few minutes, we had a staring contest. His eyes were intense and each second got tenser.

He suddenly pulls me closer in less than a second, I moved away and slapped him tightly on his cheek.

I was surprised because I aimed for his cheeks and bull's eye!

"Ow!" he yelled.

Why does the voice sound so familiar?

"Leo, is that you?" I muttered.

"Ow!" Saying so, the guy fell back on his butt and the lights came on.

And to my horror, it was actually Leo!

"Oh my gosh, Leo! I'm so sorry. I really am." I just stood there and did not move an inch.

"What are you doing standing there like you're the Tin Man from the Wizard of the Oz? Come help me!" He whined in agony.

"Oh crap sorry." I reached for his hand and pulled him up.

"I'm sorry Leo! I was just really surprised.

"No that's fine Ava. Wrong move I guess."

"Anyways what are you doing here? I thought you went to meet your cousins in Texas?" I quizzed him.

Leo smirked and replied " Don't you think you're forgetting something? "

_______________

Vote, comment and follow :)

Don't be a silent reader :P