{Twenty Eight} Drowning

[A chapter of Relaxed Verge™ after that Drama©
Also I looked so many song lyrics for this. . .]

“And if you were my little girl, I'd do whatever I could do. I'd run away and hide with you.”

Virgil was drowning in his music as he moved about the kitchen, checking the oven to make sure the temperature was at where it was supposed to be before grabbing the pan.

“I tried to write your name in the rain, but the rain never came, so I made with the sun. The shame, always comes at the worst time. Ask me what I'm thinking about,
I'll tell you that I'm thinking about, whatever you’re thinking about.”

He pushed the pan carefully into the oven and closed it quickly. The warmth escaping it and hitting his face uncomfortably.

His phone went off, buzzing in his back pocket and cutting off his music for a moment. Virgil pulled it out and ignored the weather notification.

“I didn't cry when you left at first, but now that you're dead it hurts. This time I gotta know, Where did my daddy go? I'm not entirely here. Half of me has disappeared.”

Virgil started to hum along again as he wiped his sweaty palms on his jeans and returned to his mug of Kava Tea Patton had gotten not too long ago.

“Go ahead and cry little boy. You know that your daddy did too. You know what your mama went through. You gotta let it out soon, just let it out.”

It was a good day.

“Go ahead and cry little girl, nobody does it like you do. I know how much it matters to you, I know that you got daddy issues. And if you were my little girl I'd do whatever I could do, I'd run away and hide with you. I love that you got daddy issues, and I do too. And if you were my little girl, I'd do whatever I could do, I'd run away and hide with you. I love that you got daddy issues, and I do too.”

As the song faded out Virgil tried to ignore the constant shaking of the floor and the yells from outside. The neighbors would deal with those teenagers soon.

“Every one you think you're better than- What the fuck I'm guilty too. Half the time that I'm complaining, I'm just talking shit on you. (I'm sorry)”

Fuck Jobs. Virgil hasn't heard this in a while.

He took another sip from his mug, the earphone wire wrapping around his arm like a skinny snake disappearing into his phone.

“Never underestimate poor, hungry and desperate. My body is a temple. How much you think I could get for it? And I will take cold showers from now on until I learn, that once you fuck the fire all that's left to do is burn. Baby, burn, baby, burn.”

It's funny, Virgil thought, how they say passionate is a flame you shouldn't allow anyone to sniffle out. But what if you put out your own passion?
What if you didn't “fuck the fire?”

Virgil didn't want to take cold showers until he learns that all he can do anymore is burn.

“When my mind is uncertain my body decides. 'Cause I love you, I miss you, I wanna hug and kiss you.”

Ew. Virgil stuck out his tongue as he checked the timer on the oven before sitting back onto the counter and opened up Tumblr again.

“I want world domination just like everybody else, so if you hear me talking strategy it's only to myself. Everybody's gotta have a game plan cut it up a couple different ways. Just hope no one remembers these the darkest of my days.”

Virgil decided the way people should deal with heartbreak was to drown themselves​ in something like music. Something with meaning, and something meaningless but productive.

Music and baking.

Virgil was making red velvet cupcakes for neighbors. Patton agreed to deliver the sweets for him once they were finished. Virgil was on his forth batch, planning on at least getting everyone on their road.

“You've got me shaking from the way you're talking. My heart is breaking but there's no use crying. What a cyanide surprise you have left for my eyes. If I had common sense I'd cut myself or curl up and die! Sticks and stones could break my bones, but anything you say will only fuel my lungs.”

Patton was currently out delivering cupcakes to the neighbors, giving Virgil the entire house to himself til he texted him that the next batch was done.

Virgil started the next batches batter as he waited for the cupcakes to cook.

“Failure find me. To tie me up now. 'Cause I'm as bad, as bad as it gets. Failure find me. To hang me up now, by my neck cause I'm a fate worse than death. What a cyanide surprise you have left for my eyes. If I had common sense I'd cut myself or curl up and die”

He wasn't surprised that they had several cake pans and six cupcakes pans in Patton's cupboard. He almost expected it. Maybe more cupcake pans and less of the cake ones.

Patton hadn't made a cake recently, only cinnamon muffins. (Which he was always best at)

But they had been pushed to the very back, haphazardly piled up on one another. Everything else carelessly crammed in front of them.

“Don't mind us we're just spilling our guts. If this is love I don't wanna be, hanging by the neck. Before an audience of death.

Fuck you all!”

The screaming outside stopped, someone must have gotten to them or they got bored. Virgil didn't really care.

Virgil's phone suddenly went off in his back pocket. He yanked it out of his pocket in a slightly panic and answered it.

"Dad?" Virgil asked, fixing his earbuds in his ears.

"Logan wants to speak to you kiddo." Patton said, and Logan's bored drawl confirmed it with a small “Indeed.”