Halloween

*Y/n's POV*

"Are you ready?" I asked my four year old daughter Ava who stood in front of me on her sparkly, blue princess dress.

"Yes!" she squealed, twirling around in delight.

I called over my shoulder, "Shawn come look."

He came quickly over to me and I saw his smile grow. "Look at my little princess dressed up in her costume," Shawn swooped in and picked Ava up, her legs wrapping around his torso and her head pressing against his chest. He put her down and knelt to her height, "You ready to go trick-or-treating Avey?"

"Yes!" she said again, "And you're gonna be my prince."

"Really?" Shawn smiled warmly, looking up ate as he stood up.

"I might have told her that you would," I reached up and placed a plastic crown on his head.

"Of course I'll do it," Shawn faced Ava again, "Come on, my princess, let's get some candy." He let her take his hand as she giggled.

In a few minutes, Shawn and Ava were both at the door, Ava holing her plastic pumpkin bucket and Shawn dressed up like the best looking prince I had seen. I fixed the tiara on Ava's head.

"Is time to go trick-or-treating now, Mommy?" she asked me.

"Yes, it is."

"Yay! Let's go!" she shouted in excitement, reminding me a lot of Shawn.

He and I each took one of Ava's hands and she jumped over the cracks, us swinging her forwards as we walked down the street. It was around dusk, the sky slowly getting darker, and the air was as cold as it usually is in the fall.

"You're excited about finally going trick or treating again, aren't you?" I said looking at Shawn.

"Yeah, I am," he nodded confidently, "I haven't done this since I was fourteen." "And also," he leaned in talking quieter, "We get some of the candy too, you know."

I laughed, teasing him, "You're so mean, eating you're own daughter's candy."

"Hey, I'm going trick-or-treating just as much as she is," he defended himself, "What do you say, Ava, can Daddy have some of your candy."

"No way," she turned around, pointing her finger at him. She definitely got the sassiness from me.

"Okay, well Mommy will get me some candy," he chuckled.

I rolled my eyes playfully and he kissed me on the cheek multiple times.

"Ew! Daddy stop kissing Mommy," Ava called out from in front of us, pointing to the first house, "We have to get candy."

Shawn walked up to her, "Okay, babygirl, I'll come with you." He took her small hand in his and she wasn't even half his height as they walked side by side. I watched as they rang the first doorbell.

An older woman answered, smiling at Ava.

"Trick or treat!"

"What a pretty princess," she admired.

"And my daddy is my prince," Ava proudly announced.

"Well, isn't that sweet of him," she put candy in Ava's bucket, "You three have a good night. Take care princess."

"Thank you," Ava answered before skipping back to the sidewalk.

Shawn and I continued to take Ava around to the rest of the houses on our street for the rest of the night.

There was one point where as we were going up to one of the houses, a decoration that was meant to scare you jumped out at just the right time to scare Shawn. Pretty good too.

It jumped out, causing Shawn to shout and fall on the ground. I laughed loudly, Ava also joining in, as he picked himself up. "Are you okay, Shawny?" I asked in between laughs.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he said, "I don't know how that got me."

"Even Ava didn't get scared," I teased.

"Yeah, yeah," he sighed, crossing his arms and rolling his eyes.

Our fun didn't end until Ava was tired out and it was almost completely dark. She layed in Shawn's arms, her head on his shoulder as we walked home.

"Is she asleep?" Shawn asked me.

I glanced at her peaceful, closed eyes, "Yep."

"Good. Now I can spend some time with my real princess," he lightheartedly bumped his shoulder into mine, "She's sweet and beautiful and perfect."

I blushed, "Shawn, stop."

"No," he grinned, "It's my job to tell you the truth." I leanedy head on his shoulder which was the perfect height to do so.

"Happy Halloween, love."

----------------

A/n: Cute shawn with kids imagine that I think is pretty good but idk... let me know what you think. I know it's early but happy Halloween if you celebrate it! 🎃🎃👻

--Bye from a very reading obsessed girl💖✌