Chapter 3

"Hey, you two." Brad laughed as he held Jane's hand as they were walking to Meryl's hospital room and he saw their son's'other parents.' "What are you two doing here?"

Mike laughed. "We just got in."

"Larry was insistent on it, that we get here as soon as possible, but said that both Meryl and the baby were fine." Maggie remarked. "He also said that we wouldn't want to miss it; whatever he meant by that."

Jane laughed. "Donald was pretty cryptic when he called is this morning as well; but wanted the kids to come up here first. He told us not to be surprised by some deliveries coming to the apartment."

***

"You know." Don laughed as they had the babies on the hospital bed as he looked at his wife. "They're not very quiet out there."

Meryl laughed at her husband as she put a hand on each baby. "Go let them in; I've got these two."

"You sure?" Don asked. "You're okay sitting like that?"

Meryl smiled at him. "Go; I know you're loving all these reactions and shocked expressions, you stud."

"Okay, beautiful." Don laughed with a kiss to her lips as he got up and opened the door. "Hey, Mom and Dad." Don greeted them. "Papa Mike? Mama Maggie, what are you doing here?"

Jane raised her eyebrow. "Larry was insistent we come as soon as possible so we are here."

"What is going on?" Maggie laughed. "You said Meryl and the baby are okay."

Don nodded. "They are all great."

"ALL?" Brad asked once he noticed his son's emphasis on that word.

Don walked over to the bed as he couldn't hide the beam from his face. "Come, see for yourself."

"Holy shit!" Mike exclaimed.

Meryl laughed. "Hi, everybody."

"Twins?" Brad was also speechless.

Don shook his head. "No Dad, I stole one."

"He's loving this." Meryl smiled. "We have some special people we want to introduce to their namesakes."

Don smiled as he picked his son up first and handed him to his father. "Dad, Papa Mike, we would like you to meet Bradley Michael Gummer."

"Really?" Brad choked.

Don got emotional. "I've always wanted a father I could be proud of to name a son after; well, I have two."

"This isn't fair." Meryl broke down in tears. "I'm too emotional for this."

Don smiled at his fathers as he went over to kiss his wife's head. "She's wanted it for a long time as well."

"I'm okay." She laughed as she waved her husband away; and it was also a signal for him to continue. "I just had twins; so I have double the hormones, right?"

Jane smiled at her daughter-in-law. "Absolutely; you're more than entitled."

"And last but not least is the one who surprised us with her appearance." Meryl smiled.

Don nodded as he picked up his daughter and handed her to his "chosen" mother. "Margaret Natalie Gummer."

"I don't know what to say." Maggie choked. "Thank you."

Meryl took Don's hand in hers as she leaned her head on his shoulder, and he kissed her head, after he sat down next to her. "Now all of our children are named after incredibly important people in our lives. I think we were always meant to have these two; even though we didn't realize it in many ways."