Chapter 88

Meryl was leading Don towards Mike's office so they could check on their babies when she froze. She couldn't believe it. Peggy was looking around as she approached Mike's office and was reaching her hand out to the door knob. She was trying to get to HER babies. Hers and DON'S babies. Meryl immediately ran in front of the door. "FUCK NO!"

"I simply came to get what was mine." Peggy said smugly.

Don hobbled over to them, quickly. Not knowing why Peggy was left unguarded. His wife obviously saw things before he did. "Don't even THINK about getting near ANY of OUR, mine and MERYL'S, children. Don't you even DARE come near MY wife."

"Baby, get a guard." Meryl said not taking her eyes off Don. "PLEASE."

Don shook his head. "No way in hell am I leaving you with her. She wanted to kill you, M; and get to our children."

"It's not going to happen, Don Man." Meryl said strongly as she took a step towards Peggy. "Listen here, Peggy Lucas, NOT Gummer. LUCAS. I am Mrs. Gummer. I am Mrs. Donald Gummer. I have been for 34 years and I will be until the end of time; not even DEATH would change that."

Peggy got a smug look on her face. "5 of those years weren't..."

"Don't you dare tell me that one day of my marriage wasn't legal or REAL." Don scooted closer as his wife yelled in his ex-wife's face. He really wanted to stop her; but she deserved her shot. "Every minute I have spent with this amazing man, even before he asked me to marry him in the first place, we have been connected. Every day we spend together are the best days I've ever had; even when you and James and Mann and Harry try to pull your shit because it means I am with the love of my life and my partner. You fucked up your chance with him; and I'm so glad you did. This man deserves to be treasured and adored; which you never did. Only when he TRULY found happiness and love did you decide you made a mistake. This shit you're trying to pull? Trying to make people think he was cheating on me with YOU and that he wanted me to have a fucking abortion? It's not gonna stick, Peggy; his life and character will speak for itself. Now, as for what you tried to do to him two weeks ago. You preyed on him when he was hurt, his defenses were down, and you ran him off the fucking road. I can't even BEAR to think about what would have happened had I not gotten there when I did. You wanted me dead? Well, I would have been if you succeeded in killing him. He hasn't been your husband for over 40 years and never will be again. YOU are NOT the mother of his children; I AM. You NEVER will be. Harry is not his. The only children he has are the ones he shares with me: Henry, William, Mamie, Matthew, Grace, Louisa, Ainsely, Bradley and Margaret. He and I have built a life together that people only dream of; that I dreamed of and I am so fucking grateful it came true. Every time you try to pull us apart; we just gravitate to each other. You tried to kill my husband you bitch; and you will get your judgment. I don't even care what you've tried to do to me. You tried to kill my husband and the court will make sure you pay!"

Peggy took a step closer. "You self righteous white trash bitch!"

"Don't even think about it!" Don said lifting his crutch and putting it in between his wife and Peggy in order to keep Peggy away from his wife. "GUARDS!"

Peggy looked at Meryl. "You think he really loves you? You still think you're not some rebound for him? Are you even able to bring him pleasure after the way you let Kevin Mann brutalize you?"

"THAT'S. FUCKING. IT." Don choked as he tried to grab Meryl's arm to get her to go into Mike's office. "Come on, baby." Don yelled again. "GUARDS! HELP!"

Peggy got closer. "How often does he call out my name when he's fucking you?"

"That is fucking it!" Don boomed, again, as Meryl was crying; and yet she was trying to pull him back from going after Peggy. She knew he would never EVER hit a woman; but she didn't want them to give Peggy an inch to say he hit her or pushed her or something.