Chapter 8

"You look amazing." Don said walking into his wife's hospital room.

Meryl laughed as she looked down at herself wearing jeans that were rolled up to her calf, an oversized shirt with a nursing tank underneath, a long black cardigan and her Sperry loafers. She was also wearing her favorite purple rimmed glasses he loved and thought brought out the green in her eyes. "Are you sure the doctor said you only need glasses for reading?"

"I think you're thinner than before you got pregnant." Don said placing one hand on her stomach; and pulling her to him with the other. "Are you sure that you are eating enough?"

"Due to nursing twins I am eating constantly; you have made sure of that." Meryl smiled with a kiss to his lips. "You are looking mighty handsome yourself, my Don Man."

Don laughed at her. "It's amazing what some sleep can do for you."

"Please promise me that will continue when we get home." Meryl sighed.

Don nodded as he tenderly kissed her lips this time. "I promise, Darl; are they ready?"

"See for yourself." Meryl smiled pointed to the babies' carriers on the bed.

Don smiled as he went over and kissed each of their babies in their going home outfits. Mags was wearing pink sweatpants, pink socks and the onesie that said 'I'm proof that my Daddy doesn't golf all the time' and a pink and white knitted cap. While Brady was wearing gray socks, black sweatpants, the onesie that said 'Sorry ladies, my Daddy is definitely taken,' and a black and gray knitted cap. Both of them had their blankets thrown over their legs. "I love it; I think they are ready. I can't wait to get the three of you home."

"Home." Meryl sighed happily as she laid her head on his arm. "That sounds amazing. We get to sleep in our own room tonight; in our own big, warm and comfy bed. It has been too long."

Don nodded as he turned to her. "Hen says everything is ready. Bassinets and everything we need are already in our room. Monitors are all set up; and I have the apps already set up on our phones and our tablets as well as our MacBooks so that we can bring them up the live feed of the babies from anywhere in the apartment. There are tons of diapers. Their clothes are in their room; including the FULL WARDROBES Mama Maggie bought for them." Don said making her laugh; knowing that was the truth. "Their blankets and burp clothes are all clean. Both car seat bases are installed in my car that I have pulled around back to the private exit. Bouncy seats and swings are set up in the den Hen says. The nursery is all set for two."

"Do I even want to know how much has been charged on our credit card this past week?" Meryl teased referring to having to order 1 more of everything for Mags.

Don shook his head laughing. "Probably not, but she's worth it."

"She most definitely is." Meryl smiled.

Don looked at her seriously. "Now, for rules."

"Okay." Meryl said lifting an eyebrow.

Don tucked her hair behind her ear. "The house is all clean; and there is enough food for months. I don't want you to worry about any of that. If there is something you want to eat or drink, or are craving, that we don't have; then we will order and have it delivered. I just want you to rest and enjoy being home with them. You are still healing. I need you to rest."

"Will you do the same?" Meryl asked. "I really want BOTH of us to have this time with them. I don't want you to worry about food or cooking or laundry. At least not for a day or two on the laundry. You are still healing as well; and I want you to rest with us. Kiss on it?"

Don smirked as he pressed his lips to hers. "Most definitely."

"Mmmmm." She moaned as she pulled away.