Chapter 69

Don and Meryl were resting on the couch with the babies the next day as Don started to nibble on her neck. Meryl couldn't help but smile that he seemed much more relaxed. She giggled as she finished nursing Mags as he was holding Brady. "You are sure in a good mood."

"I like this." Don smiled as she put herself together.

Meryl winked at him. "I should hope so since you can't keep your lips off me; which I love by the way."

"You better." Don said making her laugh. "No, it's nice that we are the ones relaxing on the couch for a change while my parents are cooking and cleaning and doing laundry."

Meryl playfully smacked him. "That's not very nice of you."

"I just mean that you are the one who is always making sure everything and everyone are taken care of; and I try to help how I can." Don said.

Meryl smiled softly at him as she tenderly kissed his lips. "And you do."

"You are usually the one making sure my family, and yours, is happy. That everything is clean. That everyone has what they want to eat." Don pointed out. "It's nice to see other people do that for you. Besides, we can make out more."

Meryl laughed as she shook her head at her husband. "That's the part you really like; even if we do have two little ones watching us."

"Eh, they're sleeping." Don wiggled his eyebrows. "That doesn't really count."

Meryl ran her fingers through his hair. "I'm so glad you're my Don Man."

"So am I, baby." Don smiled at her; the smile that he knew always melted her. He also knew what she meant; she was glad that the accident and amnesia hadn't changed him and he was incredibly relieved about that as well. "And that you're my girl."

Meryl placed one more kiss on his lips and sighed. "We better get into the kitchen. We told your parents we would come in for lunch once I fed the babies. Here, let me take him."

"Baby, I've got him." Don sighed as he reached down by the sofa and grabbed the baby sling. He placed Brady on the sofa while he put the sling on and then put Brady safely inside. "See? I'm serious, you are not carrying both of them until both Hal and Dr. Taylor say it's okay."

Meryl got up with Mags and then handed him his crutches; just smiling at who he was and how much he loved her. "Okay."

***

The babies were in their bassinet while the 4 older Gummers ate lunch. Meryl smiled happily. "Jane, this is probably the best turkey sandwich I have ever had. Thank you."

"I'm glad, dear." Jane smiled. "You and Don have both eaten in the most elegant of places; I can't believe my turkey sandwich is the best one you've ever had."

Don laughed as he finished his sandwich. "It is pretty good, Mom. Besides, we prefer this to caviar; right, babe."

"We do." Meryl smiled. "I didn't even know we had turkey."

Brad laughed. "It looks like your sisters-in-law and Liz set you guys up with all kinds of food."

"I never would have thought to put avocado on a turkey sandwich but I really like it." Meryl said drinking her lemonade. "You're going to spoil us with all these wonderful meals."

Don winked at Meryl. "After the past month I think you deserve to be a little spoiled."

"You do as well." Meryl stroked Don's cheek. "We really appreciate all your help; so much."

Brad smiled at his daughter-in-law. "We want to be here and help; you don't need to thank us."

"We're right where we want to be." Jane assured her son and daughter-in-law.