Chapter 19

"Don't even think about it." Don said when they got out of the car at his parents' lake house; and he saw how Meryl was trying to get in the back of their rental SUV to unhook Brady's carrier from the carseat base. "I've got them."

Meryl sighed. "I want to do something."

"Can you grab my jacket?" Don winked at her as he went around to the back of the SUV to get the stroller.

Meryl rolled her eyes as she grabbed his jacket and followed him to the back. "Babe, if you don't mind carrying both of their seats we don't need the stroller. We can put them in their seats to sleep. Save space in the house with everyone here."

"What about when we're busy during the ceremony?" Don asked grabbing the diaper bag.

Meryl shook her head. "There are dozens of sets of arms who are dying to hold them. Besides, Lou already asked to have one of them during the ceremony since she feels that she is missing out with being away at school. I want her to have time with them."

"I do too." Don said unhooking Brady's seat and carrying it over to the other side of the car, setting it down while he got Mags' seat out and he then carried both of them.

Meryl smiled softly at him. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have had you lug it out from the hotel and everything."

"It's fine, Darl." Don kissed her lips. "Do we have everything?"

Meryl nodded as she closed the door. "I think so. I wish you would let me carry one of them."

"Their seats are way too heavy; and we do need them in there." Don said shaking his head as he tried to discreetly watch her walk up the stairs making sure she was alright. "Besides, my wife tells me how she loves my strong arms; I need to keep them toned for my young and hot wife."

Meryl laughed as her hand trailed down his back and grabbed his ass. "I love lots of your attributes; and I'm glad they're mine."

"Later; I love a possessive Meryl." He winked with a lingering kiss to her lips as he then signaled for her to open the door; and he called out as he sat the twins' seats on the floor. "Hello? Mom? Dad? Kids?"

Brad smiled as he walked into the entry way of the house. "Meryl, you look absolutely gorgeous."

"Thank you, Brad." Meryl smiled as she hugged her father-in-law. "I'm so glad we're here."

Brad kissed her cheek and then hugged his son. "You sure you're feeling up to this?"

"I didn't say anything." Don laughed as he held up his hands in surrender as she gave him a look. "I promise."

Meryl nodded as she hung Don's jacket on the banister. "I am. I still have twinges of pain and tiredness and weakness." She then went over to grab Don's hand. "But I wouldn't miss being with Don for this for anything in the whole world."

"I want to make sure she gets the rest she needs." Don said protectively. "It's going to be a long day; and this is the most she's done in months."

Brad winked at Meryl. "He doesn't calm down after the babies are here, huh?"

"Nope; that's my Don Man through and through." Meryl kissed her husband's cheek. "I wouldn't have him any other way."

Brad patted Don's back. "Me either; now, where are my youngest grandchildren?"

"Right here." Meryl said moving out of the way and looking down at her babies in their seats fast asleep. "They're thrilled to be here as well."

Brad laughed as he bent down to look at his grandchildren and how cute they were. "They are certainly dressed for the occasion. All in blue."