two: studio blues

two: studio blues

"So, I'm thinking we should get Ed on the show again. He really boosted our viewership last time." Louis says, not even bothering to look up from his tablet as he lists off yet another thing he wanted Niall to do this week. Niall and Louis were co-hosts of a local music station they'd started back in college that ended up getting quite popular. Niall loved his job, only having to work from nine to five during the weekdays, his weekends free to do whatever Harry wanted to do. 

"Hey, Ni. Everything alright?" Louis asks, snapping his fingers in front of his friend's face. Niall didn't even realize he'd spaced out, blinking as he came back to reality only to realize his best friend was staring at him like he had two heads. Niall clears his throat, sitting up in his seat a little bit more.

"Everything's fine... Why?" Niall asks, earning another look from Louis. 

"Because you've been awfully quiet all morning and you keep staring at your phone. Things not going so well at home or something?" Louis asks and Niall is quick to shake his head. It wasn't that things at home were rough, they were fantastic as always... it was just that Harry was clearly upset about something and Niall just had a feeling it was because of him. 

Niall hated it when Harry was upset. 

"I just think Harry's mad or something, I don't know. He's been off all day." Niall explains, shrugging like it isn't a big deal but he felt like it was. On any normal day, Harry would be texting Niall every half hour or so with little things he found cute with his classmates... Today, Harry hadn't replied once, not even to the text Niall had sent him nearly two hours ago about meeting him at the restaurant he'd so desperately wanted to go to yesterday. 

So Niall was frustrated. 

"I'm sure he's not mad at you, Ni. He's probably just busy or something, he does teach six year olds who need a lot of attention." Louis points out, earning a soft sigh from Niall as he nods. Niall pinches the bridge of his nose though, clenching his eyes shut because of the goddamn headache was coming back. He'd gotten one last night when Harry had brought up kids and to be quite honest, it had never gone away. 

"Yeah. I know... We just... We kinda had a fight last night, is all..." Niall admits sheepishly, earning a look from Louis. The song set ends before Louis gets the chance to ask more, but he gives Niall a quick signal to let him know they'd talk about it in a few minutes. Louis clears his throat as he leans in a little closer to his microphone, putting on his chipper attitude like a natural while Niall feels like his own is a bit forced. 

They talk about the usual, upcoming shows, new albums or song releases, the occasional advertisement before Louis finally throws it back into another half hour set of music. Louis leans back in his chair, folding his arms over his chest as he looks at his friend expectantly. 

"What did you guys kinda fight about?" Louis asks when Niall doesn't say anything for a moment. Niall lets out a sigh, running a hand through his hair before he does answer. 

"I think... I think Harry wants a baby. He didn't like come right out and say it, but he brought up kids again last night and well... I didn't exactly have the greatest reaction." Niall says, keeping his voice quiet due to the fact that he just felt like shit. Harry didn't ask for much so under normal circumstances... Niall would usually give Harry whatever he wanted, but this... 

This was something Niall didn't want. 

"Did you have a panic attack or something?" Louis asks, quirking an eyebrow as he studies his friend curiously. 

"Basically. It ruined our entire evening... and I'm really wanting to make it up to him tonight but he won't fucking text me back... and I just... I don't know what I'm going to say to him when he finally just asks for a baby... I honestly... I don't think I have a good enough excuse besides the fact that I just... I really don't want kids." Niall admits, biting down on his lip as Louis continues to stare at him. 

"Well I'm honestly the last person you should be talking about this stuff with being since I'm still single... probably will till the day I die, knowing my luck... but I say just talk to him about it. If he loves you, he'll understand." Louis says, a little hesitantly as Niall lets out a very long sigh. 

"That's the thing, Lou... We've already talked about it, but Harry's... Harry's just Harry and when he wants something... There's just.. There's no stopping him." Niall says, looking down at his hands with a frown as Louis pats his friend's back sympathetically. Niall jumps when his phone finally goes off for the first time that day, Harry's personalized text tone echoing through the studio. 

From: The Love of My Life xx Received: 3:09 pm 

Murano's sounds great, love. I'm fine with you picking me up from home but if it's easier for me to meet you there I can. Just let me know what you wanna do. Love you, H xx 

And Niall's smiling again. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, connie likes this one. it's only the beginning but chapters for this book are so easy to write which of course makes me a happy camper lol. 

thanks for all the love and support again, we're already at 200 votes and 1k plus reads with this only being up a week!

you're all great.

dedication goes to RosiebearMeadows

comment

and

vote

connie xx