twenty-five: the new year kick off

I HAVE NOT UPDATED A NEW CHAPTER, WATTPAD IS BEING A SHIT HEAD AND KEEPS TAKING THIS CHAPTER DOWN. I WILL TRY TO UPDATE AGAIN TONIGHT BUT I'M NOT PROMISING ANYTHING

twenty-five: the new year kick off

They don't celebrate Christmas, Harry refusing to leave their bedroom and Niall just not in the mood to celebrate. They hull themselves up, Niall keeping close to Harry when he's awake but he couldn't be with him when he slept. Niall grieved while Harry slept, the older of the two locking himself in the spare room and just staring at the box he would forever hate but could never throw away. Niall hadn't slept for nearly three days now, every time he tried to he kept seeing the balloons... he kept seeing Harry fall and would hear those damn words over and over again. 

There's no heartbeat

Harry was slowly starting to get better after Christmas passes, the younger of the two finally getting out of their bed to shower and actually eat a full meal instead of just nibbling at the food Niall would bring him. Niall knew he wasn't going to just bounce back to the old Harry though, but it was nice to see Harry moving. 

Niall takes the next week off of work, not wanting Harry to be alone as he was off work due to winter vacation. By the fourth day, Harry starts to feel a bit smothered. He knows that Niall is just worried about him and he appreciates his husband for being there for him, but it was strange for Harry. He wasn't used to it, being independent and all.

But he knows this was Niall's way of coping, so he doesn't say anything. Instead he just accepts the help, thanking Niall even though they both knew it wasn't necessary. They walk around each other carefully, neither one of them wanting to be the first to break the ice... to talk about it. Niall was terrified of Harry returning to his statue like state and Harry... He just didn't know what to say.

By the time New Years rolled around, Harry seemed to be completely back to normal. He somehow convinces Niall to throw a party, inviting all their friends over yet again like nothing happened. Niall was happy to see Harry was smiling, laughing at Louis' jokes or Liam and Zayn's bickering over Analiese. Harry wouldn't hold the baby though, he couldn't bring himself to. Niall couldn't even be in the same room as the baby, once again locking himself away in the spare room to torture himself over that box.

Harry seemed to have completely forgotten about it, or at least that's what it felt like to Niall. He kept running through it, over and over again... what would they be doing now if they hadn't lost her? Would they be asking Liam and Zayn for advice? Would Louis be bickering with Liam about who would be godfather? Would Harry and Niall have finally decided on a name?

That was the part that always seemed to hit Niall the hardest... They had never given her a name. Niall wanted to desperately, he wanted to have something to hold onto instead of those stupid balloons... but he didn't dare bring it up with Harry in fear that it would only upset him. He'd been doing so well these past few days... Niall didn't want to ruin that. But Niall also didn't get how Harry was able to move on so easily... He had been the one carrying the baby... He'd been the one who wanted a baby so badly and now it was like it didn't even happen. It had been just over a week and Harry was fine, so why wasn't Niall? It didn't seem all that fair, but Niall was starting to realize that things were hardly fair anymore. Not for them anyways.

Niall eventually brings himself back out to their little makeshift party, plastering on a fake smile as he enters the room where everyone was at. Harry sees right through it, but he doesn't say anything... He doesn't want to talk about it, not tonight. Niall takes a seat next to Harry, half listening to Louis as he tells some far fetched story that was more than likely only have true. Niall is more focused on his husband, studying him... making sure that Harry wasn't just pretending for his sake.

He only looks away when the doorbell rings, Harry jumping up to answer it while Niall looks around the room in confusion. All their friends were here and as far as he knew, they weren't expecting anyone else.  Harry walks back into the living room with none other than Quentin, Niall going rigid as he wasn't aware that they were even friends.

"Hey guys... sorry for crashing the party... plans fell through." Quentin says, looking a little nervous as he joins the group. Niall tries not to glare at the newcomer as Harry takes a seat next to Quentin instead of him, his hands clenching a little as he keeps his cool. He still couldn't figure out where he knew Quentin from but he did know that he didn't like him. There was just something off about him...

"Anyone need a drink?" Niall asks, standing up to head into the kitchen. If he was going to put up with Quentin, Niall was going to need something a little stronger than sparkling cider. There's a small chorus of agreements from everyone and Louis joins Niall in the kitchen to help him. Once they're out of ear shot, Louis turns to look at his friend with a bewildered expression.

"Niall, why the hell is Harry's ex boyfriend in your house?"

---------------------------------------------------------

WHAT THE FUCK?!

I DON'T EVEN KNOW MYSELF. I'M RUNNING ON LIKE FIVE HOURS OF SLEEP AND IDK IF ANY OF THIS CHAPTER MADE SENSE. I mean how the fuck did Niall forget who Harry's ex is?!

Fuck.

Qotc: What do you guys think Niall's gonna do?

Dedication goes to AbbiOfficial_

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx