XXXIII

I sit up, in pajamas, on the bed waiting for Niall to come back. I knew this feeling all too well of waiting around of Niall to come back after an argument, but now that we're in a different city and it wasn't me who initiated the fight, or me who the fight was with, I'm dead worried.

I know that this will not be the last time he does this, gets in a fight and come home extremely late. Even if he doesn't come back drunk or high, that doesn't mean next time he decides to do this we won't because nothing stays the same with him. Niall and everything related to him are never constant.

But changing schools? Just because his father has removed himself from rehab? That's a little, if not absolutely crazy, extreme.

The front door closes a little too loud for comfort knowing a baby is slumbering in the house. I hear footsteps come towards the bedroom, my heart races because honestly it could be Niall and it could be an intruder who saw the lights on and figured out the front door was unlocked.

I gripped the bed sheets tighter around me as the door opened, to of course reveal Niall and his messy hair.

"I drank, one," Niall says holding up his index finger. I don't doubt it honestly, he threw his shirt off in a frenzy and tucked it under another shirt in his suitcase, kicked his shoes off and tossed his brothers blazer onto a nearby chair. Off came his jeans before he sat in the edge of the bed near my feet.

"Well I hope you're over yourself," I say crossing my arms over my chest, "you really hurt Denise's feelings too."

"Excuse me for having feelings," Niall says with his hands on his knees. I sigh and get to my knees and scotch over to him and stay on my knees to kneel behind him. I rub his shoulders and kiss the top of his head.

"I love you, but you have absolutely no sense of other people and their feelings," I say wrapping my arms around his neck from behind.

"Other people have to realize I don't handle feelings very well."

"That's not an excuse," I say and sit back on my shins, "you have to realize he was trying to help you by letting you know. Your brother loves you and he wants to protect you."

"Let's go to bed," Niall says turning around so he's half facing me.

"No, you're not getting out of it that easily," I protest not moving even though he attempts to lay me down by my waist.

"Rose," he warns and I cross my arms over my chest again.

"If you're going to be acting this way I'll call Zayn or Liam right this second and leave by morning," I say and lean across Niall to grab my phone from the table by the bed. Then I feel a sharp pain on my rear, not a real pain if you could describe pain like that. It was playful.

I turned around pretending to be angry, "did you just spank me?"

"and you liked it," Niall teased and flopped backward onto the bed, his arm wrapping around my waist and pulling me onto him, "you aren't going anywhere."

"So you're going to boss me around now huh?" I ask lying across his chest, my chin resting on his pectoral.

Niall gets a concerned look on his face, his eyebrows stiching together and lines forming on his forhead.

"What's wrong?"

"Can I ask you something? It's important." Niall says sitting up slgihtly. I nod as I pull away from him, deeply concerned about what he will be saying next. "You said you're a film study major right?" I nod slowly, still very confused, "what the fuck is film study anyway?"

I laugh and roll my eyes, "that's your deeply important question?"

"Well shit, I don't know what the hell that is," Niall laughs and throws his hands over his head, his fingers curling around the headboard behind him.