Forty one 🐚

pls I need a moment of ur time
look at my dog
thank u

"When can I take this off?" Josh giggled 

His fingers caressed the silky ribbon that was tied over his eyes but Tyler grabbed his hands and intertwined their fingers together.

"Not yet." Tyler whispered softly making Josh's skin prickle up

"Come on, I wanna see." Josh chuckled and tried to take the ribbon off of his eyes

Tyler grabbed the man's hands once again and pressed his chest firmly against his

"You're not allowed to." Tyler almost growled

Josh bit his lip and nodded weakly. His insides got all mushy and soft every time lowered his voice. Tyler softened his grip and spun Josh around. The man giggled and extended his arms forward trying to grab Tyler. The boy got in between Josh's arms and planted light kisses on his lips. Josh wrapped his arms around Tyler's shoulders and smiled.

"Tyler, I wanna see." Josh stuck out his bottom lip, his eyelashes fluttering against the soft ribbon

The brunette glanced to the side. Alex was trying to get a bonfire going. He cursed under his breath when the flames licked his fingertips but at least the fire was lit. He stuck out two thumbs up and slowly exited the are making as little noise as possible, crying silently because of his burnt fingers. Tyler waited for the fire to completely engulf the wood laid neatly in the pit before grabbing Josh's hand and leading him to the spot. He carefully sat Josh down on one of the two giant bean bags. 

"You can look now." Tyler smiled 

Josh pulled off the ribbon off of his eyes and looked around in awe. He glanced at the little rose petals scattered on the blanket beneath his feet and giggled.

"Too cheesy?" Tyler smiled

"Yes." Josh let out a small laugh "I love it. "

"It gets even cheesier." Tyler murmured shuffling in the basket behind the bean bag. He pulled out a bottle of champagne and two glasses. Josh covered his mouth to hide his chuckles. 

"Please tell me you brought marshmallows?" Josh looked at the bonfire and licked his lips

"I sure did." Tyler smirked and gave Josh a pack of giant marshmallows

Josh's eyes immediately lit up with Joy. Tyler sat next to the man with two full glasses in his hands. He handed one to Josh. 

"To us? " Tyler shrugged "I don't know how this works..."

Josh let out an airy chuckle and gently tapped his glass against Tyler's.

"To us.  " Josh murmured and took a sip of his drink

Both of their eyes sparkled from the light as they looked at each other. A soft blush dusted Josh's freckled cheeks and he lowered his head to hide his red face. Tyler gently nudged Josh's side with his elbow.

"Why are you blushing? " Tyler wiggled his eyebrows

"N-no reason... " the man murmured, his cheeks turned even deeper shade of red

"Oooohhh... " Tyler smirked "You like me. "

"Shut up. " Josh mumbled fiddling his thumbs

Tyler smirked and nudged Josh again.

"Oh, you do. " Tyler kept teasing Josh even if it was obvious

Josh stuffed a marshmallow into his mouth and kept blushing. Tyler smiled and gently flicked a fluffy dust particle off of Josh's shoulder. Tyler sneakily wrapped his arm around Josh's waist and brought the man closer to him. Josh let out a soft sigh and placed his head on Tyler's shoulder. They sat there silent, staring at the fire, enjoying each other's company. Tyler knew that he wouldn't be able to shut up if he started talking about the past and probably end up in tears so he kept his mouth shut and listened to Josh's calm breathing. 

They roasted some marshmallows and ate till they couldn't anymore. Josh laid next to Tyler, his head across Tyler's lap. The man stared at the starry sky, his eyes wandered around, following the blinking stars that slowly shifted across the dark blue. Tyler stared at stars two, but his gaze wasn't wandering aimlessly in the sky. He looked at two gleaming, different coloured pearls with a weak smile curving his lips. Josh noticed Tyler staring and smiled. 

"What?" The man giggled

"What?" Tyler blinked rapidly 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Josh bit his lip lightly

"Like what?" 

"Like..." Josh shrugged

"Like I'm in love with you?" Tyler let out a breathy chuckle that had a sad undertone to it, Tyler's facial expression shifted from joyful to sad and back to joyful in a few seconds. 

The smile stretching his lips was a way to mask the sadness behind Tyler's eyes but as much as the boy tried, he couldn't control the glittering veil over his eyes.

"Yeah." Josh said softly "Exactly like that. "

"Because I am." Tyler smiled through his tears "I am..."

Josh sat up and climbed onto Tyler's lap straddling him. Tyler immediately wrapped his arms around Josh's frame and buried his face in his chest. Josh threaded his finger's through the boy's hair while he quietly whimpered. Josh didn't know how to act when a person was crying so all he could give Tyler was his affection and care. The brunette appreciated it. His muffled cries slowly died down and he lifted his head up again. 

"Tyler I appreciate you..."

"Appreciate me..." Tyler sniffled "Okay."

"I'm sorry." Josh muttered "I know I'm supposed to love you but I don't know if I do... I just... I like you... "

"G-good enough for me." Tyler smiled weakly, his dense eyelashes sparkling from his tears

"I'm sorry." Josh murmured again as he enveloped Tyler into a tight hug

"Good enough for me..." Tyler whispered so quietly that the wind carried it away before Josh heard it

Tyler didn't have a watch so he didn't know how much time had passed but the flames of the bonfire had died down, the hot coals were still producing heat to warm them both. Tyler had even brought a blanket and some snacks. Josh's hand roamed over Tyler's chest, his fingertips softly caressing his exposed collarbone. The man lifted his head up when he felt a soft string against his fingertip. He tugged on it lightly making Tyler snap out of his hazy dream. 

"What's that?" Josh asked tugging on the necklace on the brunette's neck

"Oh.. It's  ..." Tyler sat up comfortably "A n-necklace."

"Can I see it?" Josh asked

"Sure." Tyler sighed and took off the necklace and handed it to Josh

The man held it in his palm, the light reflected off of the smooth red surface like it was a mirror. Josh squinted his eyes and looked closer. He had his brows furrowed.

"It's..." he tilted his head to the side "Really interesting."

"Yeah." Tyler sighed 

"Where did you get this?" Josh was curious

"A... A friend gave it to me." Tyler sighed again, he didn't feel like telling the truth

"Oh. Was that friend special to you?"

"He was." Tyler's voice faltered

"Where is he now?"

"Dead." Tyler's voice cracked

"I'm sorry." Josh knew what Tyler was talking about "Tyler, I'm sorry."

"Do you want it back?" Tyler gestured at the necklace 

Josh shrugged his shoulders and took the piece of jewellery hesitantly. Tyler took it from Josh's hands and put it on him. Josh ran his finger across the smooth crimson red surface and smiled.

"It looked better on you." 

"No." Tyler stared at the necklace noticing a thin flashing string of blue lost in the mass of red "I think it suits you more."