Forty six 🐚

HAVE YOU SEEN TYLER'S HAIR IM-
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Under the silver moonlight, the beach laid still. The heat of the day had been replaced by a cool breeze that made goosebumps rise. Tyler held Josh's hand tightly as the walked along the coastline, letting the cold water wash their feet. Josh wasn't ready to say goodbye to the ocean yet, neither was Tyler. He couldn't believe that Josh is exchanging his life in the ocean for him. The water was the one thing that gave Josh happiness and Tyler remembered how much Josh cried when he first became human. Tyler feared that that moment would come again but fortunately, there was no hesitation in Josh's movements. They were walking home. Slowly, but walking. Josh wanted to feel the breeze before he became human completely. He didn't want to hold the necklace so Tyler did it for him. Josh suggested that Tyler would smash the necklace and get rid of it for good. Tyler wasn't sure if that was a good idea. Heaven knows what would happen if they destroyed it.

Josh avoided talking about what happened that day, he avoided talking about his mother and other mermaids. Tyler understood, he knew that Josh wasn't ready to talk about it yet. He glanced at the scars on Josh's bicep that the mermaids' claws left. The skin was healed but the emotional damage was still there. Even if Josh looked bouncy and cheerful the brunette knew that at some point Josh's gonna snap and when he does Tyler will make sure that he's there for him. He's gonna be there for Josh all the time so he wouldn't have to deal with everything alone like Tyler did.

The moonlight caressed the rippling waves making them sparkle like every night. Josh drew in a deep breath and moved his gaze away from the ocean. Tyler took both of his hands and gently kissed the man's knuckles.

"Josh, I gotta tell you something." Tyler furrowed his brows

"What?" Josh tilted his head to the side like a curious puppy

"We can't go home, Josh... I..." Tyler's vice broke dramatically

"Why?" Josh's eyes filled with tears

The brunette lowered his head and inhaled deeply. When he lifted his head up his facial expression was so full of pain that Josh's heart trembled with sadness

"I'm naked." Tyler whispered

"I will eat you alive." Josh bit the air in front of Tyler's face making a quiet clicking sound "Don't scare me like that."

"I'm sorry." Tyler giggled and pecked Josh's nose

Josh threatened to bite the boy so he had to avoid his sharp teeth in order to kiss the man. Finally, Tyler's dominant side kicked in and he pulled Josh in for a rough kiss. Josh let out a quiet whimper as their lips collided in a brute manner. Tyler breathed heavily as their lips moved against each other in a sloppy, uncoordinated manner. His hands roamed all over Josh's body like he owned, gripping where he could, caressing all of his curves. When Tyler finally pulled away Josh stood there breathless, a thin string of saliva running down his reddened lips. He blinked rapidly and lifted his shaking hand up to fix his dishevelled ocean blue hair.

Tyler smiled seeing how quickly he could erase Josh's cocky smile replacing it with a look of someone who's lost all the air in their lungs. Tyler loved that innocent glimmer in Josh's eyes and now, his big brown puppy eyes were glittering in the moonlight bringing all the stars to shame. Tyler couldn't resist, Josh was too pretty and had to be kissed a thousand times before they actually pulled away to continue walking. Josh's cheeks were dusted pink, he looked at Tyler through his sparkling lashes occasionally and giggled to himself. Tyler had a bright smile on his face too, he ignored the fact that they both were still naked.

Tyler didn't have a watch but judging from the moon position in the sky and lack of people in the streets he guessed that it was pretty late. He had no idea how he's going to sneak Josh into the house but he had to improvise. Tyler sped up his pace but then Josh suddenly stopped.

"What is it?" Tyler turned around

Josh looked at the ocean with his eyes narrowed, he scanned the water with scrutiny like he was looking for something.

"I heard someone calling for help."

"You what?" Tyler let out an airy chuckle "Come on, let's go."

"It's..." Josh trailed off, his grip on Tyler's hand loosened up "It's crying."

Tyler stopped tugging at Josh's hand and listened up. He couldn't hear anything only the waves crashing against the sand and the quiet whistles of the seagulls somewhere far on the horizon. Tyler tried as hard as he could to listen but he couldn't hear anyone calling for help. Josh stood staring at one spot with empty eyes.

"Josh, let's go." Tyler whispered

"But something is calling for help, Tyler it's crying." Josh's lip quivered

"Josh, you're tired, you need to get some sleep." Tyler groaned "Come on."

"It's crying, we gotta look for it, Tyler." Josh stepped the opposite direction of where they were going

"Joshie, we're naked." Tyler sighed

"Ty, please." Josh was almost crying "It's calling for help."

"Whatever, you go help that ghost and I'll steal us some swimming shorts." Tyler rolled his eyes "I'll be right back."

Tyler jogged off at the public showers on the beach. Soon he came back with two pairs of swimming shorts. He panted heavily.

"The lifeguards aren't gonna be happy."Tyler tried to pick out the splinter out of his palm "They're clean, put them on."

"It stopped." Josh froze "Tyler, it stopped crying."

"Good." Tyler murmured fixing his shorts "Maybe it got help."

"No, Ty." Josh shook his head "It was crying a second ago, calling for help."

Tyler sighed. Josh had a big heart and even bigger imagination. He couldn't force Josh to go back to the only thing that he could do was go look for that crying mysterious thing with him.

Josh kept saying "it", Tyler wasn't sure if the man was hearing a human.