Forty two 🐚

Sorry for the lack of updates. I plan on finishing two of my books and then starting a new one. I made an edit and everything because I'm extra

Tyler was laying in his bed, deep under the covers scrolling through Tumblr. He was bored to death but couldn't force himself out of the bed. He flicked his thumb lazily across the screen, his still gaze on the screen. He poked his head out to get some fresh air and continued laying in a fetal position with the weight of hundred blankets on top of him. It was one of those days when the boy was too exhausted to do anything and everything seemed pointless. He felt bad for not answering Alex's and other guy's calls but the boy didn't feel like going out. Alex didn't call for anything, the man called only when he had huge plans and wanted Tyler to be a part of it.

Tyler poked his head out again for air and came back to his blanket cave. He hadn't been answering Alex's calls and knew that the man is going to be pissed because he wanted Tyler to get his ass out of his room and socialize. After twenty more missed calls Tyler decided to answer. He pressed his phone up to his ear and braced himself for the screaming.

"Hello..." Tyler said in a groggy voice

"Where have you been?" Alex said angrily 

"In my bed." Tyler murmured

"The whole weekend?" Alex scoffed

"Yeah, well... I tend to do that. " 

"Well, stop doing that." Alex sighed "How showered are you?"

"Minus twenty." Tyler shifted under the covers "Why do you need to know?"

"Get your ass into the shower, I'm in your driveway." Alex ordered

"You're wh-" Tyler was cut off by an obnoxious beep telling the by that his friend had ended the call

Tyler rolled out of the bed and crept into the shower. After showering Tyler walked out of the bathroom in his towel and looked around his room lazily. He had nothing to wear. Literally. All of his clothes had piled up in the corner, the boy never bothered to bring them downstairs so his mom could wash them. The only clean thing he had was his underwear and socks. Tyler squeaked and almost dropped the towel when he saw Alex storming into his room.

"You're not ready yet?" he shrieked 

"I have nothing to wear!" Tyler held his towel tightly

"Find something!"

"Everything's dirty!"

"I will smack you!" Alex danced around like an angry crab trying to find decent clothes for the brunette

Tyler's clothes soon came flying across the room and the boy skillfully dodged all of them. Alex stood up quickly and dusted off his jeans. 

"I'd punch you if you weren't my friend." Alex rubbed his temples "Okay, stay here, don't get muddy or something, I'll be right back."

"What am I supposed to do?" Tyler sat on the bed

"Sty there. Don't. Move." Alex instructed and stormed out of the room

He came back after ten minutes with an outfit for Tyler. It was a pair of black jeans paired with a short-sleeved, button-up shirt with black and white vertical stripes. Tyler had no other choice but to get dressed. Alex showed him two thumbs up and told the brunette to tame his damn hair. After being forced to tell himself that he'd fuck him, Tyler was allowed to step out of his room. 

"I grabbed you a pair of swimming shorts." Alex said putting on his seatbelt

"For what?" Tyler's heart stopped beating for a second 

"For swimming?" Alex scoffed 

"Dude, where are you taking me?" Tyler gripped onto his seat tighter when he noticed that they were taking the familiar route to the beach

The view of the ocean on the horizon made the brunette's stomach churn painfully. He wasn't ready yet, he didn't know if he'll ever be ready. Tyler squirmed uncomfortably in his seat. His legs felt like melted ice cream, numb with cold spots all over them. Tyler was coo, with the beach or the ocean on some days. Most of the time he didn't even feel anxious or afraid. He even brought Josh on a date on the beach the other day. Today wasn't the best day for Tyler. It was one of his dark days where he couldn't force himself to look at the ocean or even think about it. Even the smallest thought of it made Tyler's heart freeze with fear. Josh was alive and everything should've been fine but the boy wasn't over it yet. He kept seeing Josh in bloody water being torn to shreds by a swam of angry mermaids. Tyler could still taste the blood that wasn't even his on his tongue.

 Despite all of Tyler's resisting Alex dragged the boy out of the car and forced him to go to the beach. Tyler glanced at the waves anxiously biting his lip. There were a lot of people that that day on the beach, everyone seemed to be having fun, everyone was happy to be arriving except for Tyler. The boy walked across the sand mechanically, his legs weren't his own. He wanted to go home and cry under his blanket because seeing the ocean was too painful. Alex held him by his shoulders firmly and guided the boy through a crowd of people. 

Tyler felt a little bit better sitting at a juice bar sipping on his cold cocktail. Tyler wasn't old enough to drink alcohol so he was sipping on some non-alcoholic cocktail while Alex as enjoying his Mint julep. Tyler almost choked when he sensed that familiar scent. He quickly turned around and two strong arms immediately crushed him in a tight hug. Tyler almost deepthroated his straw as a firm chest met his cheek. The boy moved the glass out of the way so he could hug back. He blushed feeling Josh's heart beat increase. 

"You look great" Josh bit his lip as he checked Tyler out

"Thanks." Tyler lowered his eyes and stared at Josh's are feet "Y-you too."

Josh indeed looked good. He was wearing his swimming shorts and nothing else. His smooth skin was covered in water droplets and his hair was damp. He had sand stuck to his feet. Tyler bit his lip unconsciously as he watched water race down Josh's abs. 

"Hey, my eyes are up here." Josh giggled

"Oh, yeah... Sorry." Tyler took a sip of his drink 

"Come." Josh grabbed Tyler's hand "You gotta change."

"I can't swim." Tyler squeaked as Josh dragged him to the changing booth

"I'll teach you" Josh smirked

"N-no..." Tyler realised but Josh pushed the brunette into the changing booth and closed the door

"I'll teach you okay?" Josh's chest was pressing against Tyler's "I'll hold you and I won't let you go until you tell me to, okay?"

Tyler swallowed thickly and nodded his head.

"Okay."